Summer 2020 I was selected to be a recipient of the Adobe Community Fund which has made it possible for me to start a new project and explore design and illustration in new ways. I was granted access to the beta version of Adobe Illustrator for iPad which I used throughout my workflow. These works you’ll see have been a combination of Illustrator for iPad and desktop Illustrator.
For my project, I researched and collected data on surrounding public greenspaces, and created a system of graphics, symbols, and charts to serve as a visual guide to park amenities and neighborhoods.
Inspirations and concepts for this Greenspace project were rooted in:
- co-existing with our natural surroundings
- enjoying nature in a time of being quarantined
- system, series, process, generative design
- geometry, color, shape, symbols, abstraction
- representation of data and information
- experimentation of tools, shapes, layers
Stay tuned for more information about the project and Illustrator for the iPad workflow.