I've just redesigned my new portfolio and I'm looking for some feedback! Be sure to check 2x for a better view or you can view it live at connormurphydesign.com.
7 months ago
I like it, Connor! It's simple & clean.
- It looks a little bit too crowded. Maybe adding more padding for elements like "recentworktitle" & adding "line-height: 20px;" would help.
- Keep the same style for every button (make the "contact me" button rounded"
- Add some hover effects for your social icons
- Improve the "Go top" icon
- The logo is a little bit too big
- reduce the padding of Navigation Links
If you need more advices @portfolio: http://bit.ly/1cb0OtJ
Keep up the good work!
@Mihai Serban Thanks a lot for the advice, I'm going to definitely switch some stuff around now. Do you think I should even keep the mini portfolio section on my index page? The one with the six work images or is it too much since I have a separate page for work?
Hm, don't know. I didn't even notice you have a separate page for works so you have two choices:
- Keep the homepage to display few high-quality projects and get rid of the "work" page
- Remove that section with six work pieces from the homepage and try to make it less cluttered so visitors would be interested in clicking the "my work" button.
@Mihai Serban Awesome, I appreciate all your input! I will definitely be making some changes.
Your logo is WAY too similar to Cole Bemis'
@Alexander Haniotis Yep, just became aware of that today actually. I didn't copy his, I saw his just today. I created this last year along side of a professor of mine - have all the work and variations to show for. I'm going to look into a new design.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2014 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.