Figured it was time to make a sweet set of Coat of Arms for both sides of my family.
@2x for more detail
11 months ago
Your Killing it Tyler!!! This is Awesome.
@Harrison Connally Thanks duder!
wow what a fucking great concept.
I'd be interested in knowing how you chose the elements you chose and what they mean exactly.
rad! dig that sword
@Stevan Rodic @ryan weaver @Shane Harris Thanks guys! @Wade Ryan Ill do my best to describe what everything is/means. I guess I'll start with the one on the left.
My family the Anthony's: (top down)
- Sun stands for how dang hot but awesome it can be in texas.
- Sword symbolizes our desire to never stop fighting and also it is suppose to look similar to the sword William Wallace used (I am a distant relative of his on my mothers side.)
- Texas flag because my family is from Texas.
- Holy Trinity because we are a christian family.
- Knights helmet and Scottish flag due to our Scottish Heritage.
- Circle around these because we are never ending.
Her family the Richards: (far right)
- Day's are hot nights are cold in New Mexico but both are awesome in there own way. For example you can see endless stars on a clear night up there.
- The little worker dude represents the working nature of her family. Lots of farmers on her side.
- The arrow represents her Native American relatives and there love of hunting and gathering.
- The left bottom mark is a simple mark for wheat/farming
- The bottom right is the zia symbol which is the New Mexico flag.
Middle is just a combo of both families.
Good gosh that was a lot... I hope it blew your mind... it certainly did mine once i saw the list written out.
Killer work Tyler!
That's fantastic. Thanks for the perfect explanation. Really, really dig it man. Congrats and good luck with ya'll's future. You should frame these or something for sure.
Wow! As someone with an amateur interest in heraldry I tend to scoff at achievements of arms that don't follow all the rules and/or are poorly done, but while this is definitely non-traditional it's a fresh take and very well executed. Nice work!
10 months ago
@Joseph Alessio @Wade Ryan @joe rooster Thanks guys! A lot of thought went into it for sure.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous shot → next shot L or F like
Show and tell for designers
What are you working on? Dribbble is a community of designers sharing screenshots of their work, process, and projects.
Copyright © 2009–2014 Dribbble LLC. All screenshots © their respective owners. Shipped from Salem, Mass. USA.