Profitboss’s mission is to help local business owners maximize profits by leveling the playing field — starting with powering online ordering and marketing automation for independent restaurants.
We help local business owners survive by giving them the tools that they need to take back control of their customer relationships, differentiate themselves, and maximize the profit of their businesses.
"How Profitboss helps restaurants survive" - Bloomberg
We've gone from 0 to $2M ARR in the last 10 months and have raised ~10M in venture capital from top investors like Jason Lemkin, Redpoint Ventures, Naval Ravikant, Kimbel Musk and others.
Adam Guild (cofounder, CEO): Previously built projects reaching 10m+ users. Writer on restaurant marketing for 14 publications. Forbes 30 Under 30, Thiel Fellow.
Dean Bloembergen (cofounder, CTO): Previously CTO of venture-backed restaurant technology company Marble, building kiosks for large restaurants like Sharky's, Luna Mexican Grill, and Nekter. Brown Computer Science, Y Combinator.
Our team includes alumni from tech companies like Yelp, ZocDoc, SinglePlatform, TripAdvisor, Upserve, restaurant industry veterans, and institutions like Stanford, Brown, Y Combinator, The Thiel Fellowship, Harvard fellowships, and winners of The Pioneer tournament.
In Total: ~25 people
- Talk to users at least once per week to deeply understand them
- Help design new products and features that lead to an enjoyable experience
- Help create a more distinct brand identity
- Work closely with the development team during cycles to iterate and improve upon designs
Life @ Profitboss
- Profitboss allows you to choose where you want to work. We have an optional office in Menlo Park
- Early stage well-funded company with innovative engineering and product culture
- Competitive compensation packages — we'll treat you well :)
- Comprehensive benefits (healthcare, vision, dental, and 401K matching)
- Home office reimbursements, snack deliveries, awesome swag and great vibes
Write Dean (CTO) directly at email@example.com with the role (e.g. "Founding Designer") in the subject line and links to help us learn more about things you've built (LinkedIn, Portfolio, personal website, etc.).