The Art Director is a senior member of the Creative Services Team overseeing all creative for the AppFolio Property Manager product. Under the direction of the Creative Director, the Art Director works with and directs a team of designers in bringing AppFolio’s marketing initiatives to life in all media. In this role, the Art Director will deliver on creative strategy, innovation, and from conception to completion. The Art Director is both a high level creative conceptual thinker, a manager, and a hands-on designer.
The ideal candidate has a solid resume of leadership and managing teams as well as a portfolio showcasing strong designs from conception to completion. This candidate has uncompromising attention to detail, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, works fast while maintaining quality, thinks strategically where form meets function, and effectively prioritizes business impact.
This full-time position is responsible for directing all media to help drive awareness to our product and conversion revenue. Design direction/solutions may include concepting, digital campaigns, digital marketing (including the entire customer journey) website design, and evolving design systems. This role works closely with and reports to the Creative Director.
- Present strategic art direction for the Property Manager product that drives revenue and helps meet yearly goals
- Lead, direct, coach, and manager a team of designers with a focus on fostering continuous growth and retention of our team
- Lead and partner with the Creative Director as well as marketing leaders and senior stakeholders
- Create design systems that scale effectively and are easy to use and maintain by jr. designers
- Work closely with all company departments to drive product goals and ensure that the product brand is consistent and provides for a seamless user experience
- Initiate and present fresh and compelling ideas that align with our marketing goals and outcomes that lead with strong verbal and visual execution, while clearly communicating design vision
- Understand emerging trends in both the real estate and property management marketplace
Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years of strategic art direction in a team environment with a strong portfolio in digital design (print, a plus) BA in Design, Marketing, or a related field
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- A firm understanding of typography hierarchy and the skills to implement it
- Expert knowledge in industry-leading software and technologies (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Suite)
- Advanced knowledge of responsive web design, with a mobile first mentality
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Experience in managing other designers, influencing creative teams, and giving/receiving constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using agile project management tools (Wrike, a plus)
- A love for pixels and advertising
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.