Web Designer - Marketing
gohenry pioneered the youth fintech category with a mission to make every kid good with money, and we're growing rapidly in the US. Our award-winning product helps over 1.2 million parents and kids gain confidence with money, with a debit card and money management app for kids aged 6-18.
We are currently expanding the creative team and we’re looking for a Web Designer to help us develop the visual identity for our marketing campaigns and brand. The person we are looking for will have the opportunity to develop our brand across a wide variety of channels including web, mobile, digital, content marketing, social and CRM.
The company is focused on delighting its community with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids. The team is deeply committed to this ambitious mission, and as gohenry looks to the future there is an inspiring and clear vision in place with an incredible foundation to grow from.
gohenry is currently building its founding US team after recently raising $40M to expand its mission, led by U.S. growth equity firm Edison Partners with investment from Citi Ventures, Muse Capital, and Gaia Capital Partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growth-stage startup accelerating in a new market. gohenry is building something meaningful and delightful for families by helping kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
What you’ll do:
At gohenry, our creative team will turn our brand vision and campaigns into reality. The creative team is part of our in-house studio and each member works closely with our marketing team and product design team. As an internal creative your “clients” are the marketing team and your part of a multidisciplinary team of writers, designers, illustrators, and animators and lead by our Head of Creative. Reporting into the Head of Creative, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of gohenry as a leading player in the emerging kids/teens banking and financial education space
In this role you’ll bring the gohenry brand to life with a keen eye for detail and deep pride in the craft and output.
Your day-to-day will be to work on campaigns, toolkits, website and brand and direct response communications, from brief to execution. Our company is it an exciting cross-roads, so there is a lot of opportunity to be part of shaping our marketing communications
- Develop and evolve our marketing communications toolkit into effective and engaging designs for Website, Landing Pages and Email.
- Create high quality web pages and campaign landing pages that tell a story and convert
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines on sharpening ideas and enhancing our brand presence in digital, mobile/web, comms, social.
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
- Present confidently and professionally to internal teams, including executives
- Contribute to holistic thinking about Brand Design, including how a brand acts, how a brand looks, and how a brand comes to life throughout the entire customer experience
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 4 years commercial experience working within a creative agency or an internal creative team
- Experience creating landing pages for digital campaigns (facebook, Instagram, paid search) and website pages
- Experience creating marketing communications across digital advertising and email
- Experience with direct response and brand campaigns
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and general design
- Confident and concise in presenting work
- A love for visual storytelling and concepting
- Creative thinker who can translate strategic and marketing needs into beautiful brand work
- Expert eye for detail and pixel perfection
- A positive attitude and a willingness to adapt in a fast moving business
- A love of ideas and a desire to contribute to shaping them
- Animation skills preferable
- Has a proven ability to produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design and layout
- Is a master of HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, as well as emerging interactive design trends
- Excellence in Mac OSX, UI, Web Design, Figma, InDesign, Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Google Slides
- Deep understanding of digital tools, trends, and foundation
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills in English
- A self-starter who is motivated to kickstart their own projects, welcomes challenges, seeks feedback from others, shows perseverance on long-term goals, and changing circumstances, and generally goes above and beyond in their work
COVID & remote working
There will be phases to setting up the US office and team.
- Phase 1: In light of COVID the business will start remote. We’ll organize periodic team meet-ups and provide team/business coaching in order to help build our culture.
- Phase 2: We anticipate setting up a workplace in New York City for the team to gather in. TBD on timing due to COVID. We’ll remain open to remote work and the founding US team will be able to shape this.
How can you resist?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health benefits
- Dental benefits
- We support flexible and remote working
- 5 weeks PTO/year, plus paid holidays
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We’re on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life.
We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can spend, save, earn and give with gohenry’s prepaid debit card and app – because learning through doing really works (and it’s more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say...
- We help over one million members improve their money skills every single day.
- 92% of parents said their children are more money confident since using gohenry.
- We’re a high growth startup and that’s why we need you.
But we’re still growing, and that’s why we need you!