Senior Product Designer
We’re seeking a passionate, creative, experienced Senior Product Designer to join Ripple’s fast-growing design team. In this role, you will lead and create compelling, user-focused experiences, services, and products that solve complex problems. You will have experience leading design projects, collaborating with teams, and stakeholders through design thinking processes. You'll also be playing a critical role in scaling our new brand design system process and culture throughout Ripple in conjunction with a team of multidisciplinary designers, producers and brand strategists.
Our design team supports product and experiential development across multiple business units within Ripple including RippleNet and RippleX. As the Senior Product Designer, you will be working closely with the RippleX team to create developer tools, services, and programs to integrate digital currencies and other sources of value into apps for new businesses. The RippleX team designs builds and participates in open networks democratizing the world of payments, helping money move as easily as data does today. As part of this mission, the RippleX business group oversees and contributes to the development of a variety of open source technologies and protocols, including the XRP Ledger, a decentralized blockchain / cryptographic ledger, powered by a network of peer-to-peer servers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead design of product end-to-end working closely with product managers and engineers in establishing its long-term strategy and short-term tactical work.
- Drive a better understanding of our users by interacting with them directly, running research studies and usability tests, and distributing findings to team members.
- Independently identify user experience gaps within the product and actively create solutions to fix them and drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure that the best product design is delivered within time constraints.
- Collaborate closely with the design team around overall product vision, design processes, research practices, and our brand design system.
- Support a wide range of projects from broad, loosely defined problems and concepts to specific, tactical product feature development work.
- Act as a consultant for different departments to empower best design practices that facilitate effective decision making.
- Participate in frequent design reviews and critique sessions with designers, product management, engineering, and leadership.
- Identify and produce the appropriate level of design artifacts for a given project that will help drive clarity within the product working group (ex: journey map, user flow, task flow, content map, wireframes, etc.)
- Actively contribute to the evolution of product requirements documents.
- Develop new user stories and requirements as needed in partnership with the product team to ensure all design requirements are considered.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in designing useful products for multiple types of use cases.
- A proven track record and a strong portfolio featuring examples of your work, your design process, and the outcomes/results.
- Ability to break down complex problems into solutions that balance simplicity, power, and flexibility.
- Thorough understanding of Agile UX principles and have proven ability to find opportunities that drive value through design at every step in the process.
- Entrepreneurial minded and self-motivated with a strong bias toward action -- there’s tons of greenfield opportunity here, and you’ll need to lean into the ambiguity and lead projects to completion.
- Enjoy working closely with an Agile engineering team and others across the company to solve hard problems, actively and surfacing good ideas.
- Great verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write copy, for products, that is relatable, clear and concise.
- Moves effortlessly between developing and communicating high-level UX strategies and executing the fine details.
- Driven by a deep interest in understanding how products get used by conducting research, concept validation, contextual inquiry, and usability testing.
- Ability to execute detailed aspects of visual design such as icon design and illustration, or has proven ability directing visual designers toward solutions that balance form and function.
- Experience designing products from the ground up and has an understanding of product design’s role in creating user adoption and engagement to ensure a successful launch.
- Values the importance of over-communication, especially when collaborating with remote coworkers located in different time zones across the globe.
- Excited by the chance to shape the design culture at a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective and experience.
A plus, but not required:
- Technical experience and/or open source development experience
- An interest in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.