Senior Product Designer
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Slang product team. You’ll be a part of a product-driven and design-led company, actively involved in defining the vision and strategy of our rapidly growing product design team. We have a diverse set of users, including learners who use Slang’s web and mobile apps to learn a language, managers who use the Slang management app to help their employees or students succeed, and our own team members who use the Slang administrative app to build content and manage clients. Each of these applications has unique requirements around simplicity and data density, and each presents interesting design opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of new features across all of our diverse products, translating insights from research and data into concepts and designing the interfaces and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Contribute to a growing design system.
- Work through product problems from defining the problem to delivering high-quality, beautiful and intuitive design experiences that will be used by the tens of thousands of our clients.
- Partner with product managers to define and evolve product roadmaps, and work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
Your skills & abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in product design, having designed and shipped actual products and systems that people use.
- A strong portfolio showcasing strengths in both UX and visual design skills, from discovery and problem definition through polished visual design and handoff. It clearly shows the process you applied to overcome problems and find solutions, and the attention to detail you applied to the interface design.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of the entire product development process, from clearly defining a problem to solving it with detailed UX and visual design, and as a bonus, motion design.
- Constantly staying well-informed and ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
- The ability to communicate effectively and provide compelling rationales informed by research and data to both clients and internal teams.
- Ability to create prototypes at all fidelity using tools like Figma, Sketch or Framer.
- Motivated by feedback and the opportunity to improve in your role.
- Driven self-starter with excellent discipline and focus, especially in autonomous environments.
- Strong English communication skills.
Slang started at MIT as a research project on using AI and NLP to make learning a new language as efficient as possible. Our technology powers a highly adaptive e-learning platform that offers an unprecedented variety of specialized English courses and proficiency tests for career development in over 80 fields like Sales, Finance, Logistics, Medicine, and Law. We already have the largest professional English offering in the world. At Slang, you’ll be an early team member of a well-funded startup spun out from MIT. We’re building a world-class team to revolutionize language learning with cutting-edge technology and beautiful design.
Our team is currently split between Boston, Ciudad de México, São Paulo, Bogotá and Medellín. We are recruiting great people in these locations and to work remote from anywhere in the world.
Slang is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are excited about creating an inclusive and healthy environment.