Figo was born in a Chicago-based Google tech hub. Passionate about changing how consumers view and interact with insurance, as well as holistically improving the life of pets, Figo developed the Figo Pet Cloud with today’s pet parent in mind: socially connected, on-the-go, and mobile-dependent. Combined with simple and affordable insurance plans, Figo delivers peace of mind to customers across America. The Figo team is creative, dynamic and fast-paced, and we seek an energetic, self-motivated individual to join us.
This position is only open to Chicago area candidates. Our team works under a hybrid remote/in-person model. While we are primarily WFH for the time being, we plan to resume some in-person meetings when it is safe to do so.
The Brand Designer will oversee and elevate Figo's visual brand identity through creative, strategic, and high-quality design in digital, web, and print to serve our brand’s mission, business objectives, and customer journey. Collaborate closely with the Creative Director and the creative and marketing teams in both remote and in-office settings. You’ll use your advanced design skills to maintain and evolve existing collateral, develop new visuals, and create original artwork in a quickly growing environment that celebrates design and customer experience.
- Design various creative assets aligned with Figo design guidelines – including but not limited to advertising, social media content, business docs, presentations, email campaigns, signage, packaging, and swag.
- Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand (illustrations, icons, colors, typography, etc.).
- Be an advocate for consistent and cohesive design throughout the company, and externally through various partners.
- Collaborate with others to establish a clear and concise brand voice, tone, and personality.
- Curate, maintain, and contribute to the brand ecosystem and asset library.
- Continually iterate on concepts to make the brand relevant and relatable to our audience(s).
- Attentive: You focus on details and commit yourself to delivering quality work
- Independent: You are organized and reliable when delivering on deadlines
- Kind: You have a pleasant, friendly disposition, particularly when collaborating with others
- Competent: You know your way around design tools and time-saving plugins/extensions
- Adaptive: You learn quickly and break down problems to determine solutions, even under pressure
- Flexible: You respond dynamically to emerging or changing requirements to achieve the best product
- Versatile: You love working on a small team, where everyone wears many hats
- Responsible: Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Advocate: You have a soft spot in your heart for pets
- Demonstrable design thinking and execution skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Hands on experience with layout design, web design, illustrations, typography, color, print production, photo editing, and more.
- Fluent in brand, marketing and design principles and best practices.
- Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the design field
- 3–5 years experience in a design-related role
- Proven ability to independently conceptualize and think critically about design