Visual Designer for Digital Agency
We’re a digital agency specializing in design and engineering services. We help our clients create value and impact through the design of meaningful brands and customer-centric digital products & experiences. Our collaborative team is made up of strategists, designers, geeks and experts who share a passion to discover solutions and push boundaries. We are passionate about what we do, and aim for work to feel like play. For more information visit sociofabrica.com and follow @sociofabrica on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
We are searching for a motivated and multifaceted designer who enjoys working in a collaborative environment to create delightful user experiences. You will work with the design team in crafting designs and layouts for websites, web applications, mobile/tablet UI and occasionally branding. The designer will be responsible for bringing wireframes to life by crafting coherent visual design systems, improving on the actual experience by taking a user-centric approach on design and simplifying interactions with ease-of-use as your North Star. This position is for a 2 month contract (starting on January 2019) to full-time (if right fit), and is based in San Francisco. Only local candidates will be considered.
• Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms.
• Generate production quality, high-definition files and assets to be shared with our developers’ team for implementation. Furthermore, you will be responsible for lending your keen designer/detail-oriented eye to ensure staged (in production environment) work is as close to final designs as possible; if for some reason parts of a design are irreproducible, you’ll work hand-in-hand with our developers to find solutions (and gather and apply that learning for future projects).
• Conduct design-related research for projects and condense your key findings on action-oriented presentations, including images, relevant links and resources.
• Additionally, you will aid in and, when required, take a leadership role on incremental work for some of our staples accounts.
• Create style guides for clients' products and services that other designers can utilize and follow.
• Be accountable for tracking your hours and performed tasks for every project you work on.
• A BFA in design
• 3-5 years of relevant digital/visual design experience
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and experience design tools like Adobe XD/Sketch
• Excellent layout and typographic skills
• Strong portfolio and work samples
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design practices
• Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
• Self-starter, detail-oriented, dependable and able to work within tight deadlines
• Have a "can do" attitude and be interested in doing whatever it takes to get the job done right which may involve long hours from time to time
SocioFabrica is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are strongly in favor of diversity and inclusion.
If you think you’re a good fit, please send your url (or online portfolio) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruiters are not to respond to this job posting. Any candidate sent our way we will evaluate and contact directly.Posted over 4 years ago Apply Now