Senior Product Designer (UX/UI)
Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a rockstar designer who will work with us to create a cohesive design direction for Spocket, ensuring that our digital marketing, online assets and overall product are beautifully designed and highly functional. We are looking for a creator who is data-driven and loves contributing to all aspects of the design process.
You’re excited about the role because…
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards throughout the company and the brand.
- Oversee qualitative and quantitative research with our customers to determine how the product should be designed.
- Analyze, understand, and solve functional problems for users by designing user-friendly and intuitive experiences.
- Translate business requirements, customer needs, and technology constraints into simple user-centric design solutions.
- Define feature requirements into user stories, wireframes, user flows, mockups and acceptance criteria to efficiently communicate the intended design direction for the web.
- Carry out acceptance testing before feature deployment.
- Design visual assets such as digital ads, email campaigns, banners and landing pages.
- Develop interactive design elements and solutions.
- You will promote Spocket’s design guidelines, best practices and standards throughout the company and the brand.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have at least five years of experience.
- You have a strong portfolio that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- You have extensive prototyping and interaction design experience.
- You have a solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices, developments and trends on the web, including understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process.
- You have the ability to translate stakeholder goals, data, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs.
- You are ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team, no matter how attached to them you are.
- You continually keep the team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- You are passionate about working with people and you are able to demonstrate kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- You have excellent communication skills that convey both confidence and charm.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!