User Experience Designer
Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within Google[X], Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
We are looking for a seasoned User Experience Designer who is passionate about improving people's lives through design and futuristic technology. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of products in the drone delivery space. Take features from concept to high quality designs, and create innovative user-centered solutions for air delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the entire lifecycle of designs and communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by using wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Craft high quality designs and prototypes that solve user needs while balancing creative, technical and business requirements.
- Push boundaries of existing patterns by employing the first principle approach to explore new ideas.
- Partner with engineering and product to implement, test and iterate on designs.
- Learn new tools and concepts as needed to work across multiple projects.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- A portfolio showcasing simple solutions to complex problems, quality craftsmanship, and attention to detail throughout the design process.
- Curiosity and passion for designing beautiful, thoughtful, intuitive, and delightful experiences.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, and engineers.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience designing for different platforms including Web, iOS and Android.
- Ability to quickly and iteratively prototype designs. Experience with tools such as Framer, Principle, Sketch, Flinto, or Keynote is a plus.
- Foundational understanding of front-end engineering concepts.