Graphic Designer - Packaging
Calyx Containers exists to solve some of the largest problems facing modern dispensaries and cannabis producers: packaging and inventory management. We have developed a full suite of products including packaging for flower, concentrates, joints, and a modular tray system to standardize the transportation and reconciliation process. We’ve made it easier for industries requiring child-resistant packaging to be compliant in a unique and modern way. At Calyx, we hold sustainability as a core value in all decision making processes. This is the foundation for our mission: to design, manufacture, and sell >1 billion non-fossil fuel based products. We intend to work towards a closed loop system for 100% product reprocessing. With multiple products and many patents pending, we are delivering on our promise to improve the way that businesses are run in the legal cannabis industry and beyond.
As a Designer at Calyx, you’ll shape the visual language of the cannabis industry by providing our clients with impeccable packaging designs. You’ll use detailed knowledge of how our labels are constructed to communicate with partners and see labels and boxes through to production. You are creative, analytical, and excel at assignments not strictly related to artwork creation. Your body of work reflects and elevates fundamental design and branding principles. You want to join a thriving creative community of 6+ designers and work with a team united by passion for continuously improving our products, services, and processes. Your energy is contagious–even through Google Hangouts!
- Dive into a variety of branding styles as you bring our clients' visual identities from packaging concept to printed design
- Communicate directly with cannabis brands to translate their specifications into on-brand and eye-catching label and box designs
- Collaborate with the Design team to bring promotional packaging concepts to life
- Communicate with production partners to build strong working relationships and maintain expertise in their print methods and artwork requirements
- Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Head of Design
- You have a strong portfolio or body of work that shows excellent typography and composition skills
- You're up on all the latest packaging trends and leading brands
- Your portfolio contains superb packaging and label designs that balance readability with heavy text requirements
- You have experience preparing files for digital and/or offset print
- You have experience in a customer-facing role and are comfortable receiving customer feedback
- You have expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- You know constructive criticism is the driving force of good design
- You have a high attention to detail
- You are familiar with or have experience in the cannabis industry
- You can adapt to Calyx's rapid project flow
More About Us:
We are creative and resourceful types who seek to make an impact. If you share our values, we invite you to help us grow and scale a dynamic business in a rapidly expanding industry. Our culture demands high standards, fostering personal and professional development while operating at a fast pace. If you’re here, you’re square, and you’re talented. Have some of the above skills or qualifications, but not others? Tell us where you’re lacking and why you think you’d still be a great fit.
Calyx Containers is committed to building an environment where those with diverse perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, and mindsets can join our community, voice their opinions, and see their ideas actualized.
Calyx Containers is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on perceived or actual race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.