We are looking for an experienced Web/Graphic Designer to join our creative team to provide conceptual thinking and design capabilities. As a Web Designer at The Old State (TOS), you will work within our Strategic Marketing and Creative Agency providing design and creative solutions for interactive, web, marketing, and branding deliverables for brands around the country across a variety of industries. We are seeking highly creative individuals with technical skills for exploring emerging digital platforms to provide innovative solutions. You will bring professionalism, strong communication skills, and the ability to create innovative designs to support TOS strategic brand and marketing efforts.
- Develop concepts, designs, and innovative ideas for websites and digital/print deliverables within brand standards
- Manage design and web projects from concept through production and delivery utilizing various software platforms
- Present work and concepts to internal teams and to clients
- Ability to create, design, and edit interactive documents and presentations, HTML emails for mobile, animated infographics
- Effectively create layouts with strong typography and appropriate use of color while maintaining brand integrity by interpreting and applying brand guidelines
- Work with marketing teams to grow TOS’ capabilities
- Work with web development teams to effectively communicate website vision and functionality requirements to project completion.
- Work with our marketing and strategy teams to create and manage creative social media content from time to time
- Continuously enhance design skills, knowledge of design and web industry trends, and remain current with emerging innovations and technological advancements within the creative industry
- Work collaboratively in a local and virtual team environment with creative director, other designers, copywriters, web developers, and the marketing team to create inspired solutions
- Be a cheerleader and advocate for The Old State brand
- A strong digital portfolio displaying your creative, conceptual design skills in a digital platform. Web design experience is a must!
- Demonstrate the ability to persuade clients towards the use of dynamic design
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Proactive use of logic and creativity to solve problems and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Innovative mindset with an aptitude to research, learn, and use the latest digital software and platforms
- Technical understanding with the ability to design for digital media and print production
- Ability to take initiative with creating or refining internal processes and procedures
- Understanding of major social media platforms is a plus
- Advanced experience in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, as well as Sketch
- Experience in PowerPoint/Google Slides would be a plus
- 5 or more years of creative agency experience
- 5 or more years of website design experience
- Outstanding creative portfolio
- $60,000 - $65,000
- Optional Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Optional Vision insurance
*NOTE: by applying for this position, you are agreeing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations.