Senior Product Designer - eCommerce
Browze is hiring! But wait, who even are we?
We're a cross-border marketplace that curates unique products directly from factories overseas. In other words, we bring you the products you want at fair prices, with minimal shipping costs, because we're sending them direct from the factory. No markups, no middlemen. Just us.
We're hiring because we've been expanding like crazy -- consistently 2x year over year, to be exact. And because of that, we're building out our team to launch Browze into the next level of growth, so we can keep reshaping and improving the cross-border shopping experience.
So what are you waiting for? Send in an application and tell us about yourself. We'd love to meet you!
POSITION: Senior Product Designer
REPORTS TO: Head of Product
DIRECT REPORTS: None
About the Role
We are looking for a visual and aesthetic heavy Senior Product Designer to add to our Design team at Browze. Becoming the second member of the design team, this is a huge opportunity for the right candidate to create our design systems from the ground up and reinvent our shopping experiences for our marketplace. You will be working with with a cross-functional team to take ownership of creating & pushing a strong interface & brand visual style into our products.
Within your first 30 days you will:
- Familiarize yourself with our customers, products, and personas we've developed
- Meet and get to know your fellow Design, Product & Engineering teammates
- Collaborate with other designers on your first projects on the consumer shopping experience
Within your first 3 months you will:
- Develop a visual style guide, component libraries & design system to speed up production & engineering
- Be involved in designing multiple variations of potential product solutions for growth experiments
- Be iterating towards and building a vision of what the Browze shopping experience will evolve towards
- Launch features across our mobile apps, desktop consumer shopping experience and our backend marketplace
- Present at design demos, actively participating in design critiques and work through feedback
What you'll do
- Visual Design: Help us implement beautiful aesthetic designs that match our brand objectives across our mobile & web digital products (consumer buying experience to how our sellers interact with our marketplace, and our own internal tools)
- Design Systems: Help us build an internal product style guide: Help streamline our product -> design -> engineering workflow by driving the buildout of an internal visual design language we can centre our experiments & changes from. Standardized components and libraries will allow us to increase our velocity in experimentation to better serve our customers!
- Interface Design & Growth Experimentation: Work with our growth team to help bring forth ecommerce UX best practices in building & running experiments that can drive customer acquisition, retention, overall satisfaction.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Design (ideally in eCommerce or B2C consumer products)
- Strong understanding of eCommerce UX best practices
- Mobile-first mindset and ability to design responsive interfaces & interactions across devices and screen sizes
- Would be nice to have an understanding of CSS and technical design implementation
- Great written communication skills to articulate UX and design decisions across a distributed team and to executives
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the user’s experience
Why do you want to be a part of Browze
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a changemakers.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers - with value, respect, and empathy.
- We have competitive compensation - you work hard and we make it worth your while.
- We want you to feel like an owner, so we offer equity in the company.
- Possibility of a flexible remote environment is also possible for this role.
- An inclusive work environment where you can thrive and do your best work.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Browze is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.