Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is nearly 100 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest employers. We are venture-backed, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
About the role:
Blueboard is seeking a talented designer interested in bringing our brand to life across a wide range of media and advertising formats, from digital to offline channels. This is not your typical B2B design role (yawn) - we believe in authentic, cutting-edge and memorable design that celebrates our impact (real people going out and about on #Blueboarding adventures). You’ll work closely with our design and marketing teams to support the visual execution of Blueboard’s brand through a diverse and challenging range of projects.
- Bring Blueboard’s brand to life through beautiful visual design that evokes feeling and authentic connection
- Execute multi-channel digital campaigns that drive lead generation, working closely with our design and marketing teams. Projects include digital ads, landing pages, email marketing assets, and social media graphics
- Support design requests to fuel sales enablement, working cross-functionally with Sales and Client Success teams to deliver exceptional collateral that helps us close revenue (sales narratives, case studies, and infographics)
- Learn new processes, techniques, and tools to progress your design process
- Maintain our backend CMS for various internal and external tools
- 1-2 years of experience working full-time on a creative team in either an in-house or agency environment
- Proficient understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and Figma, with experience designing for collaborative formats (i.e. Google Slides)
- Experience owning project timelines with accountability to deliver quality work on time
- Confidence to run cross-functional meetings with senior stakeholders, ask clarifying questions, and experience presenting your ideas for feedback
- Practical experience with website builders or CMS programs (i.e. Instapage, Webflow)
- Exceptional attention to detail and a pixel-perfect approach to design
- You are extremely passionate about the impact of the design, and constantly pushing yourself to innovate, experiment and go bigger
- You are hungry to work on exciting projects in a fast-paced environment and love creative problem-solving
- You are able to communicate your ideas clearly to the team, defend your rationale, and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You are a self-starter with the ability to own your goals and timelines (but not afraid to raise your hand when you need help)
- You are organized with a strong attention to detail
If this sounds like you, we hope you'll reach out! We’re building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about design, we encourage you to apply.
As a member of the Blueboard team, you can expect:
☀ A competitive salary based on experience
☀ Medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401K plan
☀ A flexible vacation policy and 12 companywide holidays so that you can refresh, relax, and invest time in your interests
☀ An annual tenure reward each year to go #blueboarding
☀ Interesting and fun team events to build meaningful relationships with your colleagues, as well as retreats and occasional work from abroad experiences
☀ Internal learning and development programs and a personal budget for your own professional growth
☀ Dog-friendly offices and Work From Home Wednesdays (when we return to our offices)
☀ A brilliant, inclusive, collaborative, hard-working team to partner with
☀ An incredible opportunity to help build and share an exciting new product that excites and delights people around the world