Lead Product Designer (Remote)
We are a hybrid tech-startup and culture change consultancy that leverages stories, technology, and phenomenal people to help create optimal workplace cultures. We do this by helping our clients elevate powerful employee stories that are aligned with their mission, vision, values, and purpose.
You can learn more about our storytelling and technology products (the business unit where you would be working) here: https://www.avanoo.com
You can learn more about our people and services here: https://www.shiftthework.com
We are winner of Inc.'s 'Best Workplaces' award for the last 3 consecutive years.
Who We’re Looking For
You are a vision-driven, growth-oriented product designer who is inspired by supporting people in experiencing their greatest potential.
You love what you do, you're internally creative and motivated, and you're not afraid to speak up and guide us based on your expertise.
As the Lead Product Designer, you will be in charge of driving the build of a streamlined, simple, and delightful user experience for our products. To excel in this role, you must have robust experience applying state-of-the-art UI, UX, and visual design techniques to technologies that deliver ROI. You should thrive in a rapid prototyping environment, but also have the visual design chops to make us swoon.
- Lead the design of new features and updates across the entire technology product
- Create products with a simple, beautiful UI that enables our clients' employees open to their potential
- Create dashboards with a simple, streamlined and beautiful UI that enables powerful insights for the C-suite at Fortune 500 companies
- Extend and refresh our visual design system
- Deeply understand our user and business needs, and feed those back into the design process
- Brainstorm feature development with teammates, sometimes white-boarding concepts and design approaches on the fly
- Design features from concept through to high-fidelity clickable prototypes
- Support us in deeply understanding our users through qualitative observations / research
- Gather design feedback and communicate design rationale clearly across teams and functions
- 5+ years product design experience, including extensive visual design, and interaction design
- Demonstrated mastery of UI/UX, prototyping, visual design, and research synthesis
- Mastery of modern web app design best-practices
- Deeply empathetic about the employee experience
- Self-starter and team player
- High motivation to teach, learn, and contribute to our product and process development
- Excellent time and priority management
- Superior communication skills. Clear internal communication is critical in this role
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience designing for SaaS products strongly preferred
- Competitive base salary
- Phone / tech stipend
- 20 PTO days + 10 holidays + SHIFT You personal growth days
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k (US employees)
- 'Work from wherever' policy, as long as you're available during US east coast work hours
- 'Practice what we preach' workplace culture - dedicated to success by supporting one another in opening to our potential, accelerating personal & professional growth, and treating each other as whole humans
SHIFT does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.