Content design lead
We’re looking for an experienced Content Design Lead to join the Experience team at Cuvva and lead the content design team.
Whether you go by content designer, UX writer, or one of the various terms in between, we don’t mind. As long as you're skilled in leading content design teams to create a great user experience, we want to chat to you!
(Here at Cuvva, we use content design. We feel it's the best term to capture the work, but recognise there is huge skill overlap with other titles.)
You’ll bring with you a framework for what good content design looks like, and be able to apply it to how things work at Cuvva. You’ll be leading the charge to build on the work we've done already, embedding processes for content design - from ideation through to the finished product and beyond. And you’ll be an evangelist for the team - able to confidently communicate the principles and benefits
You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, researchers and engineers to oversee content design, creating delightful user experiences that deliver clear and simple content. You’ll be working on new features helping to define the positioning, as well as reviewing and iterating on existing content.
You’ll work with the research team to test your work regularly, and sometimes carry out your own sessions. And you’ll use data to help make decisions - testing content to make sure you’re always speaking the language of our users. The problems you will be solving will be platform-agnostic across iOS, Android and web as we work towards keeping the product fluid no matter the journey or use case.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be
- Contributing to strategic decisions within Experience, and sharing expertise through active collaboration
- Integrating content design into the wider company, putting processes and documentation into place
- Collaborating with research to understand how our users think and feel, and informing design decisions
- Creating clear user journeys based on content, simplifying complex propositions to make them compelling, clear and easy-to-understand
- Designing, writing and prototyping great user-focused experiences
- Maintaining high quality content across the rest of the team and reviewing the work of others
- Assessing the effectiveness of content across platforms
You'll do great here if you
- Have strong experience of leading content design teams and mentoring more junior members of the team (we’re looking for somewhere in the region of 2+ years experience but we know longer doesn’t always mean better)
- You're just as happy working on strategy and bigger picture stuff as you are writing incredible content for the app and website
- Have experience creating easy-to-understand content for mobile
- Can demonstrate strong UX writing principles with proven success, and have an understanding of design patterns and standards
- Can comfortably work in a cross-discipline team, overseeing the content design from conception to launch
- Are able to simplify complex concepts and products (like insurance or finance)
- Have strong experience in user testing and assessing content for comprehension and sentiment
- Can contribute to the design culture at Cuvva
- Have a high level of attention to detail, whilst always keeping in mind the wider context of the user experience
It’s a bonus if you
- Are familiar with Figma (our design tool of choice)
It's not for you if
- You're a visual designer. We're looking for someone who designs in words and concepts.
- Your experience is predominantly in marketing. We need someone who knows how to write for product.
- Brand new MacBook
- 33 days holiday (inc public holidays)
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing, personal development and work from home budgets
- Yearly increases to budgets and holiday allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus mental health coaches, giving you a safe space to talk
- Access to Lifeworks - our mental health tool and employee assistance programme
- Mates rates on your car insurance
- Salary sacrifice schemes for electric bike hire and electric car lease
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A volunteer day
- Great coffee machine in the office
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge (we do team drinks every Thursday)
- Monthly team outings or remote events (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy nights)
A new kind of insurance
We started with a problem: nobody was offering short-term car insurance by the hour.
But we soon realised insurance isn't just lacking. It's completely broken. It's built on layers of middlemen and outdated systems. So Cuvva turned from a simple idea into a full-blown mission: to offer insurance the way it should be.
We think insurance should be fast, flexible and clear. So we've cut out the middlemen, ditched the jargon and put our heart and soul into customer support.