Senior Product Designer
At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join a collaborative team where they’ll tackle complex, highly-technical problems from concept to launch. Designers should be self-motivated and fluent in navigating multiple stakeholder perspectives to create new features and evolve our existing platform. In addition to rethinking the real estate experience, designers must be comfortable cultivating relationships across product management, engineering, and design.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to flesh out new features in our products
- Translate functional specs into wireframes and experiences for a complex customer base
- Create high-fidelity mockups based on iteration and feedback from stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineers to implement pixel-perfect designs, and provide guidance on how to use our design system
- Contribute to a smooth product launch by participating in design review prior to shipping new features and products
- Advocate for our customers and help influence UI/UX best practices throughout the Qualia platform
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong portfolio with examples of elegant UX design for large & complex products
- Solid design chops, with a good understanding of hierarchy, negative space, UI affordances and other core UI design principles
- Analytical understanding of the product impact of design, and ability to think through the implications of design decisions in complex products
- Experience navigating and using a robust design system
- Excellent communication skills and experience working on interdisciplinary teams
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.