Junior Art Director
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and grad school dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Glyph, our first commercial product, is modeled after barrel-aged whiskey but made overnight using our innovative technology.
Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion, traditional distillers and distributors — around the world. We now have dozens of new molecular products in the pipeline across multiple categories. And we’re just getting started.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious (crazy?) ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling, and business and legal expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible, all in pursuit of turning scarcity into abundance.
The Marketing team at Endless West seeks a full-time junior to mid-level Art Director to work in-house across various brand and marketing needs. You will effectively be a multidisciplinary graphic designer who also works with photography, video, animation, and social media content. You'll be joining a team where we conceive, design, and lead the development of high-quality creative work that pushes Endless West and its’ brands forward!
The ideal candidate for the Art Director role is someone that loves all areas of design. You will be given a chance to work in all creative mediums - including directing photoshoots or capturing the shots yourself, shooting and editing videos, designing packaging and print materials, creating content for social media, working on web or other UX/UI projects, email designs, and more. If you have ever felt the pain of too much hierarchy and levels of approval at an agency, studio, or with clients, you will love working on a smaller team in-house with more control and collaboration.
Our team strives for consistent delivery of superior design, as well as scaling design solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters. You will be responsible and accountable for the successful implementation of creative and art direction on assigned projects, either independently or by leading outside vendors as needed.
You will report directly to the VP of Marketing, and working closely with the Brand Leads.
- Creative Lead: Lead the creation of brand campaigns and tactics - from ideation through production. Develop and oversee the art direction and design language for everything from campaign identity to video, to photography, social assets, and physical collateral.
- Design & Production: Design and produce print executions, packaging, digital/web graphics, video content, logos & branding.
- Brand Guidelines: Develop and maintain brand guidelines, while exploring new styles that communicate the brand story.
- Agency Management: Brief and manage external vendors in the design and production of outsourced creative elements.
- Brand Lead Collaboration: Collaborate with Brand Managers and be strategic in creating compelling and brand defining visuals for sub-brand and new products.
- You have at least 4 to 6 years of relevant in-house creative team or design agency experience (ideally CPG, food and beverage, or spirits – but we are certainly open to experience in other verticals).
- You have experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion, and new media communication.
- You have a strong grasp of the creative development process, have excellent art direction skills, and consistently deliver excellent design.
- You demonstrate solid expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, print, video and broadcast, interactive, web, DM, and social networking, retail communications and channel POS.
- You have in-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing communication and creative direction, and giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.
- You can produce all work efficiently and on schedule.
- Your design skills are outstanding, and you have the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- You can successfully art direct photo shoots.
- You have proven experience working with copywriters to concept campaigns.
- You can communicate effectively with creative and project management staff, engendering trust and respect.
- You are proficient in design software used in the design process, including (but not limited to) InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Google Docs/Slides/Sheets and project management tools.