InHome is a direct-to-consumer home services startup incubating within HomeWorks Energy, a 460-employee home energy efficiency company in Boston, MA. In 2020 alone, the impact of our services saved 400,000 metric tons of CO2 and took 85,000 cars off the road for one year.
InHome is creating a marketplace to offer Heating & Cooling (HVAC) services direct-to-consumer online. Buying HVAC services the traditional way requires hours of a homeowner's time and costs $10,000+ per installation. An online marketplace can save 10+ hours and $2,000+ by no longer needing to research, make calls, schedule appointments, compare quotes, or negotiate pricing. The HVAC market is nearly $100 billion and includes 100,000 HVAC companies employing 500,000 professionals.
About the Role
You'll be the first or second full-time hire so will work closely with the Chief of Staff/Product Lead and CEO. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Designer who will design InHome’s customer interactions “end-to-end," both virtually and physically. This ranges from the webpage to digital proposal presentation, and through the day of system installation at the physical home. You will understand the target customer and how to provide “10x value” to them along their entire journey when they work with InHome.
You’ll own the creation of new homepage components and landing pages in Webflow or another web design tool, as well as defining the brand identity based on our target customer. You’ll also conduct user research, interviews, and usability testing to identify new product strategies to improve InHome’s value proposition.
You have a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced startup on a small team. Your day to day may include:
- Design homepage components and landing pages in Webflow or your preferred web design program
- Participate in product strategy sessions to identify new ways to improve the value proposition
- Interaction design for InHome’s customer interactions, ranging from email communication to when an installer shows up on the day of the installation
- Define InHome’s brand identity to resonate with our primary user persona
- Conduct user research, interviews, and usability testing to empathize and understand the primary user
- Create engaging content for advertisements such as photos, videos, and more
- Ability to work closely with executives, founders, and/or product leaders
- You ship designs and iterate quickly, finding how to deliver maximum value to customers through the product
- 3+ years of experience as a UX, interaction, and/or strategic designer
- Entrepreneurial background – whether you’ve started side projects, co-founded your own business, or worked in a dynamic, early stage company
- Bachelor's degree from a top university
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. We seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences.