Senior Product Designer
Who We Are
We love dogs. We really, really love dogs. We stop and say hello to every dog we see on the street. We pride ourselves on giving the best belly rubs.
To us, dogs are more than just pets — they’re tail-wagging, best-friending, sometimes shoe-chewing members of the family. But the system is broken, and dogs are suffering. The ease of setting up a storefront online is making the problem worse and worse. Well-intentioned people, who just want to give a dog a good home, don’t know who they can trust. We’re here to change all that.
We’re transforming the way people get dogs by helping educate prospective dog owners about how to get the right dog for them and helping them do so from a responsible source by connecting them with the breeders, shelters and rescues who have passed our screening and comply with our standards.
The Good Dog team is grounded by our mission and the principles that drive us:
- We put people first
- We think like owners
- We’re action oriented
- We’re adaptive
- We build to scale
About the Role
At Good Dog, you’ll be creating the platform through which thousands of people experience the joy of adding a furry new member to their family. You’ll be part of a lean team of experienced designers and engineers building a product that plays a big role in people’s lives.
As a Senior Product Designer at Good Dog, you’ll work side-by-side with our product management and engineering teams and take a human-centered design approach to creating an experience people love and that makes a positive impact on the world. You’ll be immersed in research and work from insights, both qualitative and quantitative, to develop elegant solutions to complex problems. You’ll collaborate closely with multidisciplinary teams to build and ship best-in-class experiences across platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Be involved in every aspect of the product development process from user research all the way through product release
- Collaborate on internal research processes to discover insights that drive product decisions
- Define design challenges and develop solutions through ideation and prototyping
- Turn insights and business requirements into world-class designs
- Take part in forming our design and development processes, setting a foundation for years to come
- Incorporate feedback from our users and across the team to quickly iterate on designs
- Balance design goals with technical limitations and business needs
- Develop simple, best-in-class software solutions for complex, custom use cases
- Flesh out user flows and finesse details to ensure that our users have a seamless experience
- Leverage and continuously improve and extend our design system
What We’re Looking For
- You set a high bar and standard for world class UX/UI execution
- Your designs are both elegant and intuitive while solving complex problems
- You’re product thinking and practice user-centered design methodologies
- You’re comfortable with taking risks while being prolific with your designs
- You have experience with SaaS or a complex, custom product, like marketplace
- You thrive while working collaboratively and independently on cross functional teams
- 10+ years of experience at a fast growing company known for high product design standards and good practices
What You’ll Love About Working Here
- You’ll be in on the ground floor of a fast moving startup that is bringing about real positive change in the lives of both people and dogs
- You’ll work with a team of kind, passionate, incredible people with experience at some of the top companies in New York
- You’ll have tremendous opportunities for career development and growth
- You’ll have unlimited vacation and a bunch of great benefits
Good Dog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds and perspectives. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.