About the Role
Are you a creative thinker who enjoys telling stories through visual design? Whenever you visit a website do you find yourself swimming in ideas on how to make it better? Does the idea of working in a fast-growing global company excite you? If you’re an expert at creatively solving problems with beautiful user-centric designs, this role is for you.
The UI Designer will play a key role on the Moncel team as the advocate for customer experience. The ideal candidate will champion visual design and will not be afraid to take it to the next level. With a keen eye for design and meticulous attention to detail, they will take ownership of every user interface and craft seamless designs across multiple brands to ensure the best user experience at every touchpoint.
- Take ownership of all user interfaces and creative assets across various digital platforms for multiple brands
- Design, prototype and maintain the user experience across websites, apps, landing pages and emails
- Inform and guide the UI design and user experience for products such as mobile apps, web apps, courseware, etc.
- Effectively present deliverables to stakeholders and developers (wireframes, journey maps, prototypes, etc.)
- Manage the entire design process from concept development to project completion
- Test new and existing UI designs for continued optimization
- Assist in guiding front-end development as required
- Maintain and optimize other graphic assets such as sales collateral, brochures, posters, etc.
- Manage multiple brand guidelines to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency
- Manage overall quality (QA) for design and development deliverables
- Must have a passion for creating high-quality designs and digital experiences
- Must posses a strong portfolio that showcases an understanding of user-centred design
- 3+ years of work experience in user interface design
- 2+ years of work experience in graphic design
- Strong understanding of UI and UX design best practices
- Advanced knowledge of responsive, modern design
- Firm grasp of CSS/design frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Material Design)
- Highly experienced with information architecture, wireframing and prototyping
- Strong Graphic Design Skills
- Strong Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design tools (e.g. Adobe CS)
- Advanced knowledge of prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe HD, etc.)
What we're offering
- A competitive salary package
- Access to latest hardware / software
- Full health benefits
- A very positive, friendly and fulfilling work environment
- Ongoing training & development
Moncel is a fast growing online education company with operations across the globe. Our focus is on delivering the highest standard of online training & education to the food and hospitality sectors worldwide. We’re comprised of a group of talented professionals that help support customers, businesses and the community.
In addition to our commercial training & education services, our charitable activities help to support the community in the area of public health, as well as helping feed tens of thousands of people in need each year.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be considered eligible for the position.