Fight the climate crisis with Voltus.
Voltus creates virtual power plants that meet the world’s changing energy needs, while using less energy. This will help the US move to a greener, more sustainable grid. We are looking for a product designer to move that mission forward.
At Voltus you will design products and features that help our team of energy experts manage complex distributed resources in wholesale energy markets. You will also work on customer facing apps that make our customers’ lives easier while they get paid for using less energy.
You have experience designing useful tools that bring clarity to complex information and data sets. You can help define our design strategy and big thinking about our product suite, but still sweat the nitty gritty of each feature. You are excited to help us refine our existing products, mature our budding design system, and grow design culture at Voltus. You are bright, gritty, and good, and you want to work with others like you.
This job is remote, you can work from anywhere.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Product Designer’ in the subject line.
What you will do
- Design features and products for our growing energy toolset, using layout, hierarchy, UX best practices
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams, as well as other stakeholders
- Facilitate discussion around your work and communicate purpose of design decisions throughout product development lifecycle
- Verify and improve on designs through reviews, validations, and formal usability testing with end users.
- Participate in user research
What is important to us
- Self initiated and curious, someone who is always looking for ways to improve our products and design workflow.
- Experience creating and shipping new products as well as refining existing products
- Can work independently and thoughtfully allocate time among projects
- Communicates well with others, especially important in a remote team
- Interested in building positive and welcoming team culture
- Cares about the environmental impact of reduced energy use
- Interested in learning more about the energy industry
- Experience working in an agile, team environment