Director, User Experience
Location: Kohler, Wisconsin, USA or Shanghai, China
The Director, User Experience is a highly specialized, global leader providing leadership, direction, and development of the User Experience organization. This position is a member of the Industrial Design leadership team for Kitchen & Bath and utilizes best in class User Centered Design principles to support innovative product solutions, concepts, services, experiences, and human interfaces.
- Identify opportunities to drive Innovation with focus on delivering leading edge experiences for the Kitchen and Bathroom space
- Oversee the design and development of application used for Kohler’s Smart Home products
- Overall Design and Guidelines for Product/ User Interface Design (UI), User Experience Design (UX), and Human Factor Testing (HX)
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, technical, service design, and design research teams to define and implement the ideal end-user experience
- Conduct user research and apply learnings to design decisions
- Gain insights into customer behavior and digital properties’ analytics to help drive product enhancements
- Lead team and facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance productivity and overall efficiency across the organization
- Minimum of 8 years of experience operating in a new product development environment
- Experience in both software/app and product design integration preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing people
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited school or college with major in a field focused on User Centered Design. Areas of interest could include: Human Factors, User Experience, User Interface, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Industrial Design, Physiology and/or an equivalent field
- Master’s degree preferred
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.