The mission of this role is to take complex design challenges and translate them into highly engaging and delightful experiences to use on a day to day basis. As part of a small team of Product Designers, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the way we build product and promote the power of good design across the company and to our user base.
You’ll be translating user needs and business requirements into concrete ideas through the whole product development lifecycle - working collaboratively with other designers, product managers and engineers. This work will include user research, producing wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups to delivering beautiful high-fidelity visuals and interaction designs in a rapid-paced environment.
Currently, we’re working on a huge shakeup - a full product redesign with the introduction of a Design System and moving our frontend over to ReactJS. This is a really exciting time for Veeqo design - investing heavily into the product, we’re ready to hit the ground running when it comes to improving the quality and experience for our users.
Veeqo is an inventory and shipping platform designed for ecommerce companies to automate their commerce operations.
Giving all size commerce companies the ability to deliver Amazon level speed and reliability, our vision is to be the market leader globally for automating commerce operations.
We are a high growth tech company which has raised over £7m from top investors like Octopus, with over 80 team members across the world, a remote 1st culture and “office hubs” in Wales, USA, Canada and Kyrgyzstan.
Our users are employees of ecommerce businesses (such as Brompton Bikes, The Cambridge Satchel Co., Brewdog and Joseph) and Veeqo’s mission is to clear the way for these retailers to deliver the best customer experience possible.
With over 1.5 billion inventory updates processed through Veeqo and over 31 million items picked, packed and shipped every year - Veeqo is a big part of the working day and integral to retailers running a tight ship. We’ve experienced success globally, leading to a hard launch in the U.S this year with plans to disrupt the shipping space.
What we’re looking for:
- A showcase of strengths in end-to-end product design
- Proven track record in leading design projects in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of experience in a product design role (UX and visual UI design)
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design and usability testing
- Experience designing workflows for large web applications
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools - we use Figma
- Strength in identifying and solving complex problems
- (Nice to have) Experience designing for B2B audiences with complex problems
- (Nice to have) Experience and understanding around ecommerce
Our ways of working
As a transparent, high trust business we value low ego, get it done type humans, who enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment. From grand ideas to hands on implementation, you will be exposed to a huge variety of projects and will bring passion to the task however big or small. We are a friendly, helpful bunch who work very hard but value healthy balance, family, friends and all the good stuff that makes us smile!
- 33 paid leave (including national holidays)
- Flexible work-location
- Spotify and Gym memberships
- Apple Macbook Pro laptop & Monitor
- Learning budget
- Veeqo share options