DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network, the Internet Computer, that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
DFINITY is seeking a bold, ambitious Brand Designer with 2+ years of real-world experience to help define our communication and editorial efforts. Your duties will include creating impactful visual assets, overseeing the art direction of external design resources, and building tools and processes to support the DFINITY design team and their partners. By working closely with the communications team, you’ll work on a range of projects including editorial, presentation, web, and print design. Your designs and art direction will be seen during live events, in digital publications, and across the Internet. This is an opportunity to join a small, passionate design team focusing on unique challenges and opportunities to help form the future of DFINITY and the Internet.
- Support the design team while collaborating with internal and external partners
- Visualize compelling collateral that promotes the Internet Computer and tells the DFINITY story
- Streamline our editorial art sourcing, illustration, art direction, and file management
- Support a range of evolving brand identities and conceptualize new brands in the Internet Computer ecosystem
- Improve our creative request process, asset management systems, toolkits, templates, guides, and brand collateral
- Contribute to the overall growth and culture of the design team
- Juggle many fast moving projects ranging from high impact presentations to complex event launches
- 2+ years of experience designing brand and marketing assets across print and digital mediums
- Degree in graphic design, visual arts, new media, or relevant experience
- Strong eye for aesthetics and command of layout, iconography, photography, illustration, typography, and information architecture
- A knack for illustrating and communicating visually by distilling complex information or amorphous concepts into simple ideas
- Humble, yet able to defend design decisions using data, user insights, a solid design philosophy, and creative process
- Familiarity with creating impactful brand identities and building brand systems
- A passion for exploring new design methods, creative processes, tools, and emerging technologies
- Working understanding of print-ready file production and digital image optimization
- Mastery of current design processes, methodologies, and tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Keynote, etc.
- Portfolio showcasing your process on marketing and brand case studies across many mediums
Bonus if you have:
- Participated in the greater design community through speaking, writing, hosting events, and showcasing work
- Video caption, video editing, motion graphic, or animation production
- Experience maintaining a digital asset management system
- A strong command of copy writing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.