Lead Designer for Social Impact E-Commerce Startup — Flatiron, NYC
We are seeking out a versatile and experienced designer excited about playing a critical role in defining an early stage company’s visual brand and design principles. By integrating aspects of traditional e-commerce with influencer networking and social impact investing, we are building a next-gen launch platform for underserved brands looking to promote and sell products to the right consumer.
Who you are
You’re looking for the opportunity to be the first and lead designer at a rapidly growing startup. You’re ready to take on a ton of responsibility with significant freedom and are willing to work hard, move fast, and think like an owner. You enjoy ideation and brainstorming and you’re interested in creating products in the marketing, PR, and e-commerce space.
What you will do
- Create a brand style guide, logo, and wordmark
- Develop a comprehensive design strategy for the organization
- Work closely with the founders and head of engineering on product look and feel
- Produce marketing assets such as banners, illustrations, and site designs
- Storyboard, wireframe, and mock-up application interfaces
- Conduct research and usability testing to optimize the end user experience
What you have
- 3–7 years design experience, ideally with a D2C or consumer-oriented platform
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio of work covering mobile, web, and marketing design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and/or Sketch
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with version control, design reviews, and continuous iteration
- Comfort in a variety of roles from visual and graphic design to UI/UX
The position is for our NYC headquarters. We offer a competitive salary/equity package and the opportunity to create a game-changing company.
Please apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org