Senior UX/UI Designer
We are looking for an experienced digital designer who wields a wide array of design capabilities, from strategic thinking, problem-solving, and UX design — through pixel-perfect interface design, visual design, and functional prototyping. We’re a boutique product design studio, and you thrive with a wide variety of projects and multidisciplinary collaboration balancing both user and client goals, and have a passion for impeccable execution, and demonstrable impact.
Primarily based out of Brooklyn, NY, Type/Code’s 15-person team is half distributed, and welcomes remote applicants who are able to maintain a working schedule roughly +/- 2hrs of Eastern Time.
You will be working on a wide range of project types — focusing on web platforms, mobile applications, and digital communication design — along with opportunities to participate in branding, data visualization, motion graphics, print design, and more. You will be involved in the entire lifecycle of our projects: from strategy and design research, to prototyping and iterating on design solutions, to the execution of final design deliverables in close collaboration with our development team.
- 5+ years of experience designing for digital mediums, specifically user experience design and interface design for web and mobile applications
- A strong understanding of User Experience fundamentals, and a passion for designing digital experiences that are beautiful, intuitive, and a joy to engage with
- A portfolio demonstrating creative, impactful, and effective design solutions, across an adaptable range of mediums and styles
- Effective communication skills — including presenting design strategies to teammates, clients, and stakeholders, and leading design processes
- Exceptional typography, composition, hierarchy, and color theory capabilities
- Ability to strategize with and art direct creative collaborators such as photographers and illustrators when needed
- Experience with design research, user research, user testing, and rapidly prototyping and iterating on design solutions
- A mastery of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe’s Creative Suite, as well as a hunger for continually exploring new design applications, resources, and processes; animation and/or After Effects experience is a plus
- A strong understanding of HTML/CSS/JS (the more frontend development skills the better), and a desire to influence how the things you design will be built
- Experience with working on a distributed team (thriving under collaborative workflows with multiple teammates and disciplines when needed), and the ability to produce complex design deliverables with minimal guidance
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Matching
- Generous vacation policy; unlimited sick days
- Professional growth stipend
- Flexible hours and work-from-home policy
Hire me already
Send a cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit for Type/Code, and a link to your portfolio website to email@example.com.
Type/Code designs and builds digital products and experiences, working with ambitious clients to bring powerful ideas to life. Our clients range from growing startups to cultural institutions to industry leaders, including Google, A24, MIT Media Lab, GE, MoMA, and Scholastic. We focus on conceiving, designing, and developing exceptional digital experiences across a wide range of mediums.
While a significant amount of our work is client-focused, we jump at any opportunity to build self-driven tools and products. Our studio atmosphere is friendly, laid-back, collaborative, flexible, and full of a passionate group of designers and developers who love what they do.