Lead Ecommerce UX Designer
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are looking for a Lead Ecommerce UX designer with experience in both the UI and UX fields. You will work closely with and apprentice two other UX designers, as well as work with our in-house development team to craft both brand new, and improved omni-channel user journeys for our two brands Danner and LaCrosse Footwear. You will be working with a collaborative and remote team that has a passion for getting it right and a desire to surprise and delight our customers with the ease of accomplishing their varied goals across our web and stores. You will work with our business analyst, business stakeholders, user testing tools, and our development team to craft the most seamless, engaging, intuitive user experiences possible for our ecommerce visitors and customers. The work will range from, but not be limited to: identifying opportunities, talking to our analyst and customer service team to understand customer pain points, surveying shoppers to understand their perspectives, working with a contractor for A/B testing data; designing and refining digital experiences with team feedback, collaborative development work, and testing, all in a supportive environment.
You will be fluent and knowledgeable in the ecommerce world and have a thirst for knowing emerging trends. You will be working with an engaged and motivated team to bring your vision to fruition.
You will work to develop team norms and processes that include a focus on developing the skills and talents of the UX Design team, within a framework for shaping and betting on projects to be developed.
This role may work on-site or remotely with occasional travel (post COVID) to LFI HQ in Portland, OR. Preference for applicants in the pacific time zone.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Guide the strategic process for UX design thinking, developing UX design vision and strategy.
- Identify opportunities for development within key initiatives based on analysis, research and user testing.
- Develop and execute UX/UI design, vision and deliverables for all LFI brand websites.
- Work through channel design problems from beginning to end based on business goals and user research.
- Integrate business constraints into design decisions, maintaining relevance and quality.
- Work collaboratively with development team and key stakeholders to bring designs to life.
- Facilitate UX team collaboration and communication regarding all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency, clarity and alignment.
- Provide effective apprenticing and feedback to other UX design team members on UX processes and deliverables to ensure team alignment and ever improving outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of professional experience in UX design; 3+ years in in the ecommerce industry specifically.
- User experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer-oriented design solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Ability to distill complex problems into simple and elegant solutions that work across all device types.
- In-depth understanding of mobile-first responsive design.
- Expertise in Sketch and InVision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of apprenticing associates in UX and UI design philosophies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a belief in positive intent.
- Familiarity with Basecamp's Shape Up Design/Development philosophy encouraged.
- Familiarity with the Magento ecommerce platform preferred.
- Must be dependable and team oriented
- Must be willing to conduct oneself in accordance with Company's Core Values
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As a federal contractor, we participate in E-Verify. LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that strives for and celebrates diversity in its workforce.