Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for its leading solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently launched the first-ever family safety membership with comprehensive services designed for every family milestone and life stage. Life360 is used by nearly 1 in 10 US families (who use Life360 an average of 10 times a day!) and reached #1 in Apple's US App Store's list of free social networking apps. Unrivaled growth in the family tech space has positioned Life360 as the largest mobile service for families in the world with over 25 million active users in over 140 countries as of September 2020.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings across our free and paid plans: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offerings include both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 200+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
ABOUT THE JOB
For many people, the Life360 website is their first impression of our brand and services. The web team at Life360 is responsible for building and maintaining a highly polished web presence that represents the brand and drives conversion. As a Web Designer, you will play a lead role on the team. You will design responsive landing pages, interactive experiences, and user flows that are both beautiful and functional. If you’re a responsive web fanatic who probably nerds out over css animations and obsesses over design details—this one’s for you!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Craft novel moments of storytelling and delight for Life360.com that elevate the brand
- Partner with product marketing and brand marketing teams to define information architecture and tell the right stories
- Collaborate closely with engineers to shape your work and bring our web presence to life
- Help the team influence strategic decisions across all the corners of our web presence
- Continually iterate and refine web landing pages and user flows to improve performance and drive conversions
- Own the web design process from end-to-end (concept, design exploration, IA and flows, wireframing, interaction design, detailed specs, and collaboration with engineering)
- Often work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- 5+ years of relevant web design experience—ideally at a brand-focused, product-driven company
- Experience designing marketing landing pages (including variates for A/B testing)
- Experience designing and optimizing checkout/purchase flows
- Experience working across multiple projects and leading creative output
- A passion for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of delightful websites, clean design systems, engaging microsites, codepen experiments, prototypes, CSS art, or anything else (surprise us!)
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, not just limited to the web and including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Skills in relevant design software (our team uses Figma)
- Conversant in HTML/CSS (you won’t need to write production code as part of this role, but you should fluent enough in front-end code to communicate with your engineering counterparts)
- To be considered, a link to your portfolio with relevant work samples must be included.
About our culture and benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We provide equipment, tools & reimbursement support to engage a productive remote-first team
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your family circle
All open positions, unless specified as location specific, are remote opportunities and, when returning to our offices is possible, team members may elect to take advantage of the following (or continue to choose to remain remote!):
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain & BART
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in San Diego (Encinitas)
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.