UI / UX Designer
Hello, we’re A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG. We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful.
The UX/UI Designer
CREATIVE | POLISHED | FUN
Modern designs require an innovative mind. At ACG, you’ll create website and brand experiences with a charming, quirky undertone that deliver a side-car of delight to our customers. You’ll work collaboratively with other highly-skilled marketers, developers and designers from Austin to Melbourne to keep our design new, innovative, and awesome. You’ll get to do it all - from owning our front facing website to landing pages and emails - every day is something new when you’re working for a fast-paced, growing company.
What makes the ACG Marketing team awesome...
We design the graphics, write the words, and funnel the funnels. We bring the brand to life with a sidecar of delight along for the ride in every interaction with our students. Play around with a brand that understands the value of not being stuffy and corporate, even on the business side. Everyone is receptive and encouraging of new ideas. There’s a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. We believe everyone brings value. It’s refreshing and energizing to be in a collaborative environment like that.
"We’re always looking for fun and creative ways to go above and beyond what’s necessary or just good enough. It can be something simple that other organizations might not consider worth the time, like adding an animated GIF to an email or spending a little more time on a landing page to make the experience a bit more special. It’s all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can." - Matt, River-tubing Guru (and Creative Director)
As the UI/UX Designer, you’ll get to:
- Be a company design leader for our website, landing pages, themes, email templates, and user flows.
- Keep design as a strategic advantage for marketing by owning ideas from mockups to final designs. ACG takes a great deal of pride in our brand and design.
- Be a creative collaborator working with different talented designers and marketers across different time zones.
- Scale a fun, creative design team by building design systems and creating processes that work across teams.
- Elevate a modern tech brand by building ACG’s brand identity across all marketing and product digital touch points.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work with Marketing team members and analytical data to turn ideas into designs and prototypes that perform.
- Be hungry, humble and opinionated. We like smart people who have lots of ideas, yet are happy to pivot whenever a better way of doing things presents itself.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders when presenting your work and clearly articulating your design rationale. We are a remote team that communicates almost exclusively through writing.
- Be an active collaborator. We look for people who actively want critical feedback on their work early and often, and who get a kick out of refining and pushing what they do as a collaborative process because it creates a better end result. No design heroes.
- Stick to an "always be learning" mentality, and continue to grow in their own skills as a Front-End Designer.
- Manage multiple projects, while setting appropriate expectations and meeting realistic deadlines
What you bring to the table
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Five years of relevant experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience using Figma or other Web Design applications
- Solid knowledge with image editing and layout
- Experience in prototyping tools
- Experience with Google Analytics, Amplitude (or equivalent analytics tools) a plus
- Bonus points for the ability to code in HTML/CSS