DonorDrive (“DD”) is a fast-growing SaaS company focused on delivering fundraising solutions to the non-profit sector. We are laser focused on providing nonprofits with control over their fundraising programs, while helping individual fundraisers to raise more money from their friends and family for the causes they love. DonorDrive provides its nonprofit clients with the most feature rich peer-to-peer fundraising platform, enhanced with beautiful, intuitive design and the industry’s best customer support. We aim to delight our clients, and in turn, have been rewarded with a 99% revenue retention rate. We are Give-A-Damn people who value Innovation, Authenticity, and Teamwork.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, DonorDrive seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups we are building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
By joining our passionate team of developers and designers, you will be part of a product that is the gateway for nonprofits to fundraise like never before. Our creative environment is the right mix of serious quality work and fun that naturally leads to product innovation for our clients. We have always been driven by a passion to create the most effective fundraising software available for our clients and we do that every day.
The Product Designer is responsible for creating a best in class user experience for DonorDrive and all its products. The Product Designer works with product management to understand client goals and problems to solve and helps create clear success criteria for each project. The UX/UI Designer builds prototype and conducts usability testing to determine the success of prototypes. The UX/UI Designer works with Visual Design, Front End Development and Product Development to build final features for the product.
On any given day, you will be responsible for the following:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Build interactive prototypes and wireframes based upon research findings and requirements
- Perform client interviews to validate and test prototypes
- Regularly present work to design team and stakeholders
- Rapidly iterate to find solutions
- Collaborate with Visual Designers to create high fidelity, final prototypes to pass on for development
- Ensure UX projects and research meet project timelines
To be successful on this team, the following criteria must be met:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Education in Web Design, Web Development, or related discipline
- Able to work with designers, developers, and product management to solve problems
- Well organized and willing to learn
- Strong work ethic and “give a damn”
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to create high fidelity and complex prototypes with Axure and Sketch
- Good interview and note taking skills
- Follows scripts created by the UX Researcher
- Conducts one-on-one moderated user testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of empathy to understand the users we design for
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience designing for SaaS applications
- Strong visual design skills
Here's what will set you apart from the rest of the field:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Previous work with design systems
- Experience coding with HTML and CSS
- Experience designing mobile apps
Please provide portfolio/work samples with your application.