Sr Product Designer, e-Commerce
Who we are
Spiraledge is a company founded on one essential principle: to help people live healthier lives through fitness and wellness! As the parent company of fast growing e‐commerce sites, both SwimOutlet.com & YogaOutlet.com have been named an Internet Retailer Hot 100 Company.
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
YogaOutlet.com is the fastest growing multi-branded online yoga retailer, offering a broad selection of yoga brands and yoga-inspired products to all levels of yogis and fitness enthusiasts.
We are seeking an accomplished senior product designer to work and innovate across multiple e-commerce properties. It is important to us you have the energy and desire to modernize our e-commerce brands into the future. If you enjoy solving a variety of ambitious and original challenges with a team oriented approach, our company is a great fit! You will be working across all our properties, which includes YogaOutlet, SwimOutlet, and Practyce.com.
Our ideal candidate has a background in user-centered design, is a keen evangelist for best-in-class user experiences, and has a proven ability to lead user experience work in a collaborative environment.
What you will do
- Have and apply a deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, etc.)
- Strong visual design skills, our goal is to elevate the look and feel of our sites
- Advocating for user-centered design every step of the way
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders throughout the iterative process
- Working closely with engineers and partners to ensure that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to deliver great user experiences with simple, intuitive interfaces
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that encourages your fellow designers and strengthens the marketing team
- Work with other designers, receiving and providing feedback, and find ways to improve your work
- Be a role model and mentor to the design team
- Keep up with current conventions in the web design and user experience communities
- Trial and experiment, prototype at various levels of fidelity
Who you are
- 4+ years professional experience on consumer facing products
- An accomplished online portfolio showcasing exceptional user experience and design work.
- Ability to deliver around all aspects of a project from concept to launch
- An understanding of the limitations and frameworks of responsive design
- Deep understanding and/or hands-on experience with user-interface design including interaction and visual
- Highly skilled in current design software, including Adobe XD (preferred for web prototyping), Photoshop, & Illustrator
- A collaborative mindset, and enthusiasm for an iterative design process
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to superiors and in group settings
- Experience showcasing leadership and mentorship
- Major plus if you have e-commerce experience and team management experience
- Interest in Swimming, Yoga, and Fitness/Wellness a major plus
- Bonus if you are strong in any niche areas - i.e. animation, design systems, prototyping, motion design, user research, and other ways that add delight to the product experience.
Please submit a short cover letter stating why you would like to work here and also include a link to your online portfolio. Applications without either a cover letter or portfolio link will not be considered.
Frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms for tasks such as keyboarding and handling product samples as necessary. The employee is occasionally required to talk and hear. Some light lifting of products and paper files is required.
- We support our healthy living culture by offering free online yoga classes.
- We know you want to look good when you are being active and we offer deep discounts at SwimOutlet.com and YogaOutlet.com on the products we carry.
- We also want you to not worry about your health and financial options so we provide the traditional perks like health, dental, vision and disability insurances; 401k match; Paid Time Off and competitive pay. We even have insurance for your pets to keep them healthy too!
- We are a group of professionals and enthusiasts, inspired by our living healthy culture and our enthusiasm for our brands which creates a special place to be part of.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Spiraledge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.