Motion Designer - Contract
Punchcut is looking for a Motion Designer to remotely join our team for a 4-8 week project with possible extension and follow up projects. Our designers have a strong understanding of user-centered design and are comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with other designers in a fast-paced studio environment. Applicants should have at least 2-3 years of relevant experience working on UI flows, character animation, explainer videos, micro-animation and a superb reel that showcases their best work. Bonus points for experience with emerging user interfaces such as voice, automotive, 3D, and VR/AR. Ideally the Motion Designers we work with live in the San Francisco Bay area but we are open to those that could collaborate remotely with our SF-based team.
- Serve as the lead Motion Designer on client projects.
- Work with designers to apply user-centered design processes to solve new and unique problems.
- Inspire teams with your vision for future user experiences.
- Explore a range of motion directions and solutions
- Create holistic motion systems with innovative spatial models and effective storytelling.
- Assist in creating effective, compelling stories.
- Collaborate closely with interaction designers, visual designers, and developers.
- Deliver high quality, breathtaking, “they did what?!” kinda work.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in digital motion design.
- A stellar portfolio + reel that shows creative range and innovative thinking
- Deep experience in After Effects and other motion and prototyping applications
- Experience in the creation of new motion systems
- Superior communication and organization skills
- Understanding of mobile platforms and UI presentation-layer technologies
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, and manage time efficiently while multitasking
- Ambitious, proactive, conceptual, and honest
- Someone we’d totally hang out with
- A strong animation skill set
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Consumer device UI currently in market
- 3D design and animation, live action video editing, and/or experience with AR/VR
- Experience directing and/or mentoring other designers
- Advanced expression development
- Advanced logic based prototyping (origami)
- Motion Development with Lottie, scripting, and developer communication
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company headquartered in San Francisco. For over eighteen years, we've worked with the world's top companies to envision, design and launch connected products and services that engage customers and transform businesses.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. Whether envisioning the next autonomous vehicle or working closely with engineers on next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future. Well... what are you waiting for? Come design the future of everything!
Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.