Product (UX/UI) Designer
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our core team. At ERIC, we are a collaborative and supportive team that are driven by learning, strong design fundamentals, strategic thinking informed by research, and delivering meaningful value. We strive to create an environment where each elevates the work of the other. We're looking for an experienced-midweight Product Designer with UX experience/abilities who can lead the product vision, carry out research with users and liaise with developers to execute. Having started as an offline events business, we're looking for someone to help us translate our offline presence online.
- Assist in leading the vision for user experience as design leader on cross-functional product teams by—defining product strategy, conduct research and develop a sense for ERIC's technology stack to create impactful solutions
- Refine, test and iterate until solutions are elegant in usability and efficient in achieving outcomes
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to identify important product insights and identify opportunities to collect feedback to make informed choices
- You’ll be joining a small team with the opportunity to evolve and guide the product vision alongside the founding duo, Mae & Sam
- You can independently work through ambiguity and autonomously complete a task from start to finish with minimal oversight
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively, build empathy with others, and focus on common goals.
- Strong design fundamentals (typography, composition) and strong visual design sensibility
- Understanding of technology stacks, and designing for different languages while creating optimal user experiences.
- Experience collaborating with designers and engineers on a shared design system, and understands how to scale that system successfully.
- Experience shipping products and iterating towards improvement; while fostering a passionate curiosity to better understand the users.
- Ability to collaborate with the founders to shape roadmaps through strategic decision making and user experience.
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with products that elevate creative work
- Ideally based in the United Kingdom
- An interest in pop culture, trends and creative thinking (reflective of our user demographic)
Salary and perks:
- £40k per annum
- Share options
- Flexible working
ERIC is a career education startup, enabling Gen Z to learn more about their career options and the innovative companies that exist in the creative & tech industries. To date, ERIC has hosted 15 career festivals, grown a community of over 30,000 Gen Zers and and has worked with hundreds of creatively-branded, disruptive companies (BBC, Pan Macmillan, Framestore, Warner Music). ERIC is now scaling digitally by developing the ERIC app, the world’s first peer-to-peer careers education platform for Gen Z. Launching in 2021.
About the team
The team is made up of the two female founders and best friends Mae & Sam and Social Media Manager, Maddy (who is part-time). We’re a mission driven, friendly team and are all currently working remotely - Mae in London, Maddy in Surrey and Sam in Brighton. We’re excited to grow and onboard the next members of the ERIC family!
ERIC exists to empower Gen Z creatives through career and self-development, so they can make better career decisions and be happier individuals.
ERIC was created as an experiment in 2016 by long-time friends Mae and Sam. Having always been annoyed at the lack of career guidance they received, they realised what frustrated them most was how career fairs were so unbelievably dull and uninspiring. So they decided to test out a new type of career fair - a fun, immersive and engaging festival of creativity.
ERIC Festivals were a huge success, showing tens of thousands young people the different creative options they can choose from. ERIC is now on a mission to be the leading community empowering Gen Z creatives on career and self-development and that’s why they’re launching The ERIC App.
Mae and Sam’s grassroots spirit that inspired them to start ERIC has never left and they still live by the four ERIC principles they coined on day one: ERIC: Empower, Represent, Immerse & Create.
This is the foundation of the business and the four pillars that uphold the decisions that are made. From consumer to employee to client, our aim is to make everyone happier as an individual and to have elevated their lives by upholding these values.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November:
- YOUR PORTFOLIO
- A LINK TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL INSTAGRAM*
- A CV / VIDEO OF YOURSELF / AUDIO, SUMMARISING YOUR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE**
- ON YOUR EMAIL PLEASE INDICATE WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS JOB
*Only if you have one, this is not compulsory and we assume the majority of it will be covered in the portfolio already
**we are looking for quality & enthusiasm, not quantity, so one or two things is fine - don’t feel like you need to give us the full low down of your entire career history! Only things that you think make you right for this role.