Lead Product Designer (m/f/x)
Help us change mental health, for good.
HelloBetter is a leading digital player in the field of digital therapeutics for mental health disorders.
Our digital therapeutics cover a broad range of mental health problem areas and each of them has proven to be at least as effective as face-to-face therapy in randomised controlled trials published in respected, peer-reviewed journals.
As our Lead Product Designer (m/f/x), you will be a vital member of our multi-disciplinary team of product managers, engineers, psychologists, researchers and content curators. You will collaborate with this team to craft a carefully considered product experience that is engaging, personable, compassionate and effective - we want to build simple and elegant products that users love. You will be the key driver of the holistic, cross-platform design of HelloBetter ensuring that we offer a best in class product experience to match the effectiveness of our industry-leading psychological courses.
We are a passionate team with big ambitions - Join us on our mission to deliver the future of mental health! :)
Not convinced yet? For further insights on us and our hiring process, check our Culture Guide.
- You craft incredibly simple, smart and elegant wireframes, visual design components and high-fidelity prototypes for our new web and mobile applications.
- You expand our UI style guide and make sure our engineering team is able to implement your ideas.
- You integrate regular user research into our product discovery track and are working closely together with our in-house research team.
- You collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including product managers, engineers, psychologists and researchers to oversee the user experience from conception until launch.
- You will be responsible for our cross-platform experience with a focus on making our mobile app the flagship product of our portfolio.
- You’ll have the freedom to shape the direction of product design at HelloBetter.
- You’ve been able to gather ~3-5 years of professional working experience in UX and UI design for both web and mobile
- You have strong working knowledge in these areas:
- Creativity and a keen eye for loveable products
- Functional, visual & interactive design
- Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Marvel and other prototyping tools
- Methodologies (Scrum, agile, design thinking, design sprints…)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Nice to Have:
- You’ve worked on a self improvement app (education, wellness, fitness, app, habit building..)
- We help thousands of people daily who suffer from Depression, Stress, Insomnia, Burnout, Alcoholism...
- We are genuinely at the innovation forefront of developing applications for a multitude of mental health disorders
- We are not just digitising existing mental health therapies, we develop new innovative programs that do not yet exist at all.
- We nurture our people and pay a lot of attention to personal growth. We can proudly say that we have some of the best experts in the field and have a really high quality of what we do in research and operations.
- We have a very unique product with the world’s strongest evidence-base.
- We are operating in one of the most interesting new markets where we have the opportunity to change the lives of many people.
- Lot’s of autonomy and ownership ahead of micro-management
- We are purpose-driven, pragmatic and honest.
- We love data.
- We are community players taking care of each other and also like to hang out outside of working hours.
- Amazing roof-top office in the centre of Berlin close to Hackescher Markt with ergonomic chairs and fantastic atmosphere (for once we are back in the office!)
- Flexible working hours and home-office friendly (well, fully home office right now). We are a delivery-oriented company and don’t judge people by the hour
- Competitive salary and attractive employee stock option plan
- Unlimited working contract
- Various opportunities for growth with your own 1.000 Euro annual training budget
- Daily breakfast, fresh fruits & vegetables (during Covid-19 we only have cereals), coffee & drinks provided
- Subsidised Gym subscription with Urban Sports Club - 30 Euros sponsored by us
- Free language courses and regular team events including cool offsites
- Tax-deductible pension plan with an attractive employer’s contribution
- Free choice between Apple (e.g. Macbook Pro 13/15”) or Windows/Linux Hardware (e.g. Lenovo ThinkPad T490s, 14", Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Did we spark your interest? Then please apply and send us your CV & portfolio - we are looking forward to e-meet you! :)