UI/UX Design - Senior
Umbrage delivers cutting-edge software solutions by leveraging advanced trends and designs in technology. We are not a consultancy nor a design agency; we are artisans in designing, developing software solutions for our enterprise clientele. Our singular focus is crafting state of the art digital products with impeccable design coupled with source code engineering. To build and enhance our team, we are constantly in search of designers who understand software architecture and engineers who respect design.
Our team is based in Houston, Texas with a proud bias towards Houston & Texas, where we deliver to our wide variety of clients established in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kentucky and Calgary. Umbrage is honored to be backed backed by Rice Investment Group (RIG). Come umbrage with us!
We are seeking a UI/UX Senior Designer that is a natural born leader with an immense amount of design knowledge and success in producing functional and beautiful digital products. Naturally, your ability to work in a fast-paced environment while bringing elevation to your projects through design aesthetic and thinking are above all others. We look for you to bring constructive and growth-minded mentorship to the designers around you on any project and at any time. You have the ability to build client relationships even in the most challenging of design situations while guiding fellow designers to produce the best possible solution. We look to you for your knowledge in the design space from emerging design trends to set design practices. You organize, reorganize, and structure even the most complex of problems to provide the best user experience whilst staying true to your top-notch design aesthetics.
Are you ready to lead? Apply today!
Responsibilities and expectations for this role include:
- Offer counsel to clients consistently and cultivate a “part of our team” relationship
- Comfort in providing structure and direction out of evolving processes and design problems
- Deliver impeccable design to clients
- Position one’s self as a team-lead that manages deliverables, responsibilities, and scheduling
- Uphold and lead the Umbrage Studio’s design and delivery process
- Design products with a Human Centered Design approach with the ability to solve user needs with deep customer empathy
- Lead design and fellow designers in working collaboratively with project teams consisting of developers, project/product managers, QA, etc.
- Ability to set artistic direction for projects based on client feedback
- Work independently when necessary to deliver fully realized work that exceeds the client’s expectations
- Comfortable leading a team of fellow designers on a project, working as part of a team, or leading design as a solo member
- Confidence in delivering your perspective while actively considering others' points of view
- Ability to explain and sell design decisions to clients and stakeholders
Skills for a fitting candidate:
- 6 or more years in the digital design space
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field in information design, interaction design, or human factors
- A history of great design work, aesthetics, and execution portrayed in a portfolio
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over typography, interaction design, and usability
Skills for an exemplary candidate:
- Mastery of creative tools including Sketch and the Adobe Suite
- Experience in client communications and client services
- Comfort and ability to explain and sell design decisions (i.e. wireframes, mood-boards, visual style, high fidelity mock-ups, etc.) to clients and stakeholders
- Composure in high-pressure situations thinking through the “big-picture” perspective with clients and stakeholders
- Comfort in designing for any client preferred platform from iOS and Android native to Responsive Web and other platform guidelines
Umbrage Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions regarding employment shall be made without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizen status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local laws.