The UI/Visual Designer values interactive design and prioritizes user-centered design principles including a “don’t make me think” understanding and usability. This approach must result in the development of creative solutions to address brand objectives and end user needs.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Work closely with our Creative Director to evolve and elevate wireframes, interfaces, polished visuals and dynamic prototypes
- Excellent design capability with an eye for detail, execution and storytelling
- Possess a strong skill set including typography, layout, color theory and branding.
- Possess a positive attitude with high level of dedication and collaborative spirit
- Maintain open communication on current project status, risks and challenges
- Be able to easily communicate intentions and needs to various departments
- Present design work in a cohesive and compelling fashion
- Exhibit the ability to multi-task, sell, and operate under severe time constraints and immovable deadlines
- Participate in the development of other visual design challenges such as virtual events, digital engagements, interactive kiosks and other content driven experiences
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of site layout and user interface design processes and methodology
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Concept inspired as well as detail-oriented
- Comfortable in a fast-paced agency environment
- Experience working within a creative agency environment
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial and independent environment
- Embodies flexibility, open-mindedness and receptivity
- Identifies something valuable in being part of a team and ability to effectively collaborate
- Efficient and effective communication skills
- Maintain accurate and complete client and project files.
- Must be able to develop excellent rapport with existing and prospective clients.
- Good organization, detail and follow-up skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Expert knowledge and experience in Adobe XD, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Figma, Sketch and MS Office
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to the prohibited grounds of the human rights legislation.)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) in Graphics, Communications, Digital Media or related field
from four-year College or university; and 6-10 years of experience designing compelling web and other digital interfaces and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Impact XM Benefits
Impact XM offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, RRSP & DPSP, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay as well as competitive salaries and the opportunity for growth within our exciting industry.