Product Designer - Part Time
Product Designer - Part Time
Our design and research focuses not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. We are on a mission to help the queer community find meaningful connections with one another using digital technology.
About the Role
As a product designer, your number one job is to tackle user problems. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and UX researchers to iterate and build a usable, useful, and delightful experience. You'll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research. As the only designer at the company, you’ll shape processes and set the standard for quality. We need you to set the bar high.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to help research, brainstorm, and deliver the digital product experience for the gay, trans, bi, queer community.
- Lead the design for Android and iOS mobile app, including the information architecture, UI kit, style guide, and mobile designs.
- Work with product managers to define requirements, not just translate them into design.
- Take the product requirements and turn the text into high fidelity frames, iterating and testing along the way.
- Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs, and achieve high product quality. Empower engineers to get the fit and finish right.
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs to tackle difficult UX problems.
- Obsess over the details of the interaction, visual and motion design.
- Partner closely with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our users.
- Ship, measure, and improve the designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product and engineering.
- 2 + Years of product design experience
- Experience building products for Android and iOS
- Knowledge of mobile and web design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a remote environment
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI, and UX work.
- Mastery of Figma, or related digital design and prototyping software.
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from all disciplines and levels.
- Experience translating insights from user studies into meaningful action.
- Ability to generate detailed, interactive prototypes
- Ability to create an elegant visual design with thoughtful composition
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Comfort conducting stakeholder interviews, integrating findings into final designs
- Proven ability to set up metrics for challenging and novel problems
- Proven ability to work with engineering teams to build assets, refine the user experience, and produce high-quality products
We welcome curious and passionable people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to work in a collaborative, motivated, fast-paced environment.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org