How to apply:
Please email Damon: email@example.com
Who we are:
Picklebet is the first and only Australian made and owned esports betting platform. The Picklebet team is dedicated to building remarkable products for the esports community; designed to entertain and deliver fun, engaging experiences.
We have our sights set on becoming a major player, both within Australia and the international betting community, by creating an esport focused + next gen betting solution.
We’re a small team that is rapidly growing. Our dogged determination has seen us move from Startup to Scaleup, and we are now in a position to hire exceptional talent, in key positions, to take us to the next level and deliver on our mission.
Purpose of this role:
We are a design led business, and looking for our first full time designer to join the team, and drive direction across all of our core assets (website / apps / customer facing content). As a Designer your task will be to take a project, feature or experience from ideation to production. This role will include coming up with creative ideas and solutions, wireframing / prototyping and delivering and managing final designs that will deliver exceptional products or campaigns.
You will work across the product / engineering, and marketing / growth teams, reporting to and collaborating directly with the cofounders on key projects. It is important to understand the relationship between product, marketing and engineering, and how they meld together to drive growth.
- Designing simple and creative solutions to product problems to deliver engaging experiences.
- Assist in creating and delivering on design / branding changes, and a larger design refresh where appropriate.
- UI/UX design for both mobile and desktop applications.
- Understand and assess quantitative and qualitative research / feedback to inform design decisions.
- Prototyping / wireframing.
- Optimise existing user interface designs.
- Optimise existing user experience flows.
- Understand both mobile and desktop interfaces.
- Prioritise product design for both impact and for alignment with quarterly goals.
- Project manage the execution and delivery of product design, working closely with the engineering / product team.
- Create templates / graphic content for a content + performance marketing led strategy, and for other promotional materials.
Skills and ability:
- Startup mindset. This is not a 9 to 5. We are a small team so you will need to contribute across several areas.
- Possess strong communication, management and team collaboration skills.
- Comfort with an iterative design process, and ability to accept and take feedback positively.
- You understand the concept of growth, as it relates to tech products.
- Ability to create and innovate.
- Exceptional design aesthetics and taste.
- Excellent work ethic. Able to work autonomously using initiative, but also follow direction.
- A degree from a university or college in design is preferred. This is not a mandatory requirement, if you have experience in this type of work, and can point to previous experience / success.
- 2 + years experience in a similar role, with a tech startup / company working on mobile and desktop applications.
- A master in relevant design and prototyping tools (i.e Adobe suite, Sketch, Figma).
- Ideally, you love esports / gaming (traditional sports also permitted ;)).
- Portfolio of work required.