Lead Mobile Designer
We are seeking a Lead Mobile Designer who will represent the user in everything we build. You will participate in primary and secondary research to understand the context of your work, and use this context as the foundation for our design work. You will collaborate with product teams to drive mobile design vision and strategy for Knock.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Lead Mobile Designer you will:
- Leverage, and extend our visual design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience.
- Ideate, create, collaborate and refine workflows and patterns in the app experience to make our products delightful to use.
- Be effective throughout the entire product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UX and visual design to QA and testing.
- Provide support and prototypes during stakeholder interviews and user research and integrate findings into designs
- Create wireframes and app workflow
- Create high-fidelity visual design specifications using Sketch
- Effectively communicate your rationale behind proposals. You can communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- Partner cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels.
- Help guide, improve and implement design and feedback processes.
- Create and implement accessible and inclusive designs.
We’re looking for Knockstars who:
- Have extensive experience as a lead individual contributor on a product design team for consumer mobile experiences.
- Have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in UX, interaction, visual design, and idea generation in the consumer mobile space.
- Have a track record of mentoring designers and agile teams towards top performance, product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Have experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Have extensive experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Have extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to voice ideas, opinions and concerns fearlessly.
- Are proficient in web technologies and design software such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suites and InVision.
- Are empathetic. You thrive on building quality experiences for our users.
- Are curious. You enjoy participating in stakeholder interviews and user research and integrating findings into final designs.
- Take ownership. You are accountable for the success or failure of the product(s) you work on and find solutions to improve shipped work.
- Are collaborative. You like to be an active participant that contributes to an open culture that enables employee development through direct but kind feedback, promotes diverse perspectives and fosters a sense of curiosity and optimism.
- Are dedicated. You have experience delivering apps and software from brief to shipping within a team environment.
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
What We can Offer You:
- Equitable compensation offered based on your accomplishments, experience, and what market data shows in your geographic region.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, paid parental leave, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the continental United States.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home, full-time career at Knock.