Product Designer, Growth
Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
The Avail Design Team is on a mission to design and build the best experience for customers and prospects while driving exceptional business results. We mix user-centered design with business acumen to help our startup achieve desired results.
As a Product Designer focused on growth, you will be responsible for helping us improve the customer experience across our website, app, and marketing campaigns. You’ll mix data, design, and customer knowledge to drive our funnel conversion results and help people experience the value we are creating for our customers.
You're someone who has passion to deliver the best user experiences, with a knack for uncovering user insights and translating those into meaningful results. As a Product Designer focused on growth, you will…
- Collaborate with marketing and design leaders to define broad requirements and goals.
- Be thoughtful in refining, analyzing and improving the online and in-app customer experience.
- Wireframe, build prototypes, conduct user testing, and refine ideas to seek various interaction challenges.
- Prepare and present all stages of the design process to internal teams and key stakeholders for feedback.
- Be familiar with game design/ mechanics and can show examples of driving behavior change.
- Partner with marketing peers in support of key goals to identify hypotheses for testing, success metrics, determine best ways to test digitally, and drive experimentation setup/production.
- Bring analytical rigor to your work to ensure we evaluate experiment data to find meaningful results, iterate as needed and provide recommendations on decision and course of action.
- Track findings over time to identify insights and patterns that provide increased knowledge about our customers behaviors and what will and will not work.
Backgrounds we prefer
- Proven track record (4 – 7 years’ experience) in user experience design working across multiple platforms (mobile and web) on products that have shipped.
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables including an online portfolio that demonstrates an advocacy for the user, and highlights detailed site maps, user/task/page flows, user journeys, paths to purchase, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Education (formal or otherwise) in design, UX, HCI, marketing, cognitive psychology, or related field.
What you bring
- You bring exceptional strength in consumer facing experiences, with focus on mobile first.
- You have proficiency of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- You know how to use experimentation to find the path to results and desired outcomes.
- You’re comfortable working with Agile development methodologies.
- You can advocate for user-centered design.
- You’re knowledgeable on the latest technologies, industry trends, and design patterns.
- You’re able to communicate concepts, results, and directions with clarity.
- You’re an active planner and participant in key meetings.
- You continuously document and share knowledge with the team by helping create structure for our research.
- You embrace and thrive in a high-paced, changing, startup culture.
- You’re comfortable working with a diverse, cross functional team.