Senior Product Designer
We are growing our Product Design team and looking for a Senior Product Designer that can help us design the future of Platform.sh. We are creating a groundbreaking hosting and development tool that allows developers to focus on their core project and code and not the complexities of the underlying infrastructure.
You will be involved at every step of the product development process working collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, Technical Writers and directly with customers.
Your strength will be to design solutions for complex product challenges for technical users while executing simple and lovely user experience and interfaces.
The design, product and engineering teams value building Platform.sh together in an inclusive environment where we all can grow and be challenged. This position will report to the Product Design Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating and iterating on designs for challenging product problems, exploring multiple concepts in order to help define overall vision and strategy
- Designing simple solutions for complex user and technical workflows
- Wireframing and building prototypes to test and validate your designs with real users
- Preparing, moderating and synthesizing user research when required
- Actively identifying and improving the usability and overall product experience through research and design
- Actively contributing to and maintaining the product design system
- Working with engineering teams to ensure implementation and user experience is of high quality
- Ideating and recommending interaction/animation design when needed (even better if you can create them yourself)
- Crafting designs specifically for our web/mobile responsive application
What you’ll bring
- A portfolio of recent project work demonstrating your UX/UI skills in real world projects
- 5+ years of relevant experience, working as a designer on digital products
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design, from research to scoping, to UX to detailed UI design
- Solid understanding of interaction design and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- Experience working in strategic product settings, working with Product Managers to explore scope through design thinking, creating alignment between stakeholders and helping define the path to execution
- A critical eye to the user experience and clean interface design
- At ease in an environment where you are iterating quickly and communicating ideas with various stakeholders with just the right fidelity for discussion
- Excellent communication and ability to articulate design choices and discuss feedback openly with many different perspectives
What makes you especially good at this role:
- Demonstrate strategic product thinking and vision
- Driven to improve user experiences in the DevOps landscape
- Have an understanding of/or experience with development and engineering teams, processes and frameworks
- You are empathetic, open minded and love to continually learn new things
- Able to work in a remote setting, work from anywhere but be flexible as your team is spread across US, Europe and Australia!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a designer who can perform well working remotely. You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across worldwide time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is the end-to-end Platform-as-a-Service that enables you to build, run, and scale those sites and applications without investing time and money in infrastructure and process. Unlike traditional managed hosting or PaaS providers, Platform.sh gives you a complete set of tools that work together to help teams launch faster, scale reliably/predictably, and invest in work that delivers business value.