With tens of millions of users, our apps need to be absolutely flawless. No matter how useful and robust the features our developers implement, there’s no great app without a catchy, sleek icon, or an intuitive, beautiful, and polished UI. With an ever-growing user base, we keep raising the bar for our Product Design team, which we’re looking to expand with a wonderfully creative, skilled, yet humble designer.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Design gorgeous UIs for our apps from start to finish. We want to wow our users.
- Test innovative and intuitive interactions and animations by leveraging cutting-edge prototyping tools.
- Create memorable icons and marketing materials for the App Store and Play Store to make our apps stand out from the competition.
- Help effectively advertise our products online by developing appealing artwork.
- Occasionally design new materials for employer branding and corporate purposes, to present our company in the best light in any circumstances, both online and offline.
- Ensure that the brand standards are met across all materials, whether physical and digital.
What We Offer
- Your work, in the eyes of millions. We're a global force and your work will be enjoyed all over the world.
- Top-of-the market tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach to design and to our cutting-edge workflows.
- No micromanaging. Be the owner of your effort. As one of the team, you’re fully trusted to take responsibility for your tasks.
- A workforce that lifts each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You'll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute of your workday. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
What We Look For
- Passion for the subject. Whether sipping your morning coffee or chilling before bed, great design and the latest trends are never far from your mind.
- Precision. You’re super-accurate and pay attention to detail—no matter the size of the task.
- Out-of-the-box design thinking. You don’t just like it, you absolutely love dreaming up a variety of awesome and unique UIs for our products.
- A portfolio to show off. You have a nice, quality portfolio of original work, with at least one example of either mobile or web UI. As long as your work is well-polished and tidily organized, it doesn’t matter in which field you gained most of your experience.
- Diligence, organization, reliability. You can be entrusted with big responsibilities as well as small tasks. You’re organized and can handle multiple parallel projects without panicking. When the going gets tough, everyone can count on you.
- Efficiency. You use your time wisely, are able to prioritize and can get stuff done at a good pace, without noticeably lowering quality.
- Good reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done impeccably. You’re massively into getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Humility. You’re eager to help and not at all picky on what tasks you’re asked to take on. You’re open to feedback and truly value others’ opinions.
- Interpersonal skills. You love working with teammates and can build quality relationships with pretty much everybody.
- Some relevant experience. You’ve got at least one mobile or web UI design project under your belt. You know your way around either Sketch (preferred) or Photoshop. Some experience with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or similar software will be evaluated positively.
- Conversational English. You read and write well and can hold a relatively fluent conversation in English, even if the topic is somewhat complex or technical.
- Availability. We work 9-6 GMT+1. Our schedule is flexible, but we prefer to work together most of the time. That’s why you should live somewhere with a similar timezone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
Commitment & Contract
Full-time, permanent (tempo indeterminato) or fixed-term, depending on seniority.
Milan, Corso Como 15. It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely. However, we offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for twelve weeks.
Compensation & Benefits
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are on us when you work from the office.
- Healthcare coverage, free weekly yoga classes, and a welfare plan for your well-being.
- Our total compensation is top of the market—plus, it can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance.