Sr. UX Designer
About us, but we’ll be brief
We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been name in the top 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a Sr. User Experience Designer who is interested in working on both exploratory and tactical projects involving our native mobile and web products. In this role, you will join a small, nimble UX and Product Design team responsible for exploring and vetting innovative product concepts. You will work with and learn from other members of the UX and Product Design team, product managers, engineers, account managers, sales directors, and call center agents. The Sr. User Experience Designer will ensure that we create a modern and innovative line of web, iOS, and Android apps.
Collaboratively defining design direction with key members of the innovation team and product teams (including the UX Director, Product Managers, Engineering, and other stakeholders)
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems
- Presenting project plans and deliverables while sharing design rationale and best practices
- Implementing information architecture by preparing sitemaps and interactive prototypes illustrating navigational flows and elements
- Articulating design guidelines, such as informational and visual hierarchy, flow and layout, typography, and iconography
- Obtaining feedback on your product to iterate, drive improvements in future releases
- Updating stakeholders and reporting on customer success through internal and external product communications
Our ideal new colleague will bring:
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and the ability to articulate product functionality visually and verbally
- A keen eye for design details, along with systems thinking capabilities
- Demonstrated focus on end user needs via usability test plans, evaluation of traffic patterns, analysis of user feedback
- A human-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate on their designs
- Proficiency in information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows; considers data objects and content strategy when architecting systems
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Curiosity to know how things work, and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities
- Understanding of tech and product development processes
- A highly organized, results-driven mentality, with the inclination to take individual initiative and accountability for getting results
What your background looks like
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Portfolio of visual and interaction design work
- 5 years+ experience working with web and mobile (native app) product design
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android official user interface guidelines
- Fluency in best practices for web and mobile design and usability principles and techniques.
- Experience creating and expanding upon extensible design systems
- A strong command of web and mobile standards and optimization techniques
- The ability to work on brand and to expand the brand when necessary
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based and mobile interfaces.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) product environment
EOE including Disability/Veteran