Diggs is looking for a well-rounded visual designer to help us grow our brand and capabilities. Our goal is to become the most trusted and loved premium pet supplies brand in the world. You will help support this goal through conceptualizing and designing integrated marketing campaigns and thoughtfully considering the design of every customer touch point. You’ll also help evolve our brand guidelines, and accelerate our growth across multiple channels and marketplaces and internal swag.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a thoughtful designer with big ideas and the ability to execute those ideas at a high level, demonstrating a sense of craft, conceptual thinking and strong design fundamentals. You should be self-motivated, organized and thoughtful, with an understanding of the relationship between pets and their parents. It’s a plus if you have a dog. You should be a willing collaborator, able to take constructive feedback. You should also be able to develop your own ideas independently and explain them to non-design audiences.
Why You Should Apply
You love animals (especially dogs), and are excited to work for a company that is mission-based – we truly are passionate about making pet products that are safer and better designed. We are a startup, so we are growing quickly and this means there are opportunities for you to not only grow but also to contribute in many different ways. If you enjoy learning new things, collaborating and contributing across departments, you will be a great addition to our team.
- Partner with our Head of Marketing to lead the internal creative process
- Conceptualize, design and execute integrated direct and brand marketing campaigns
- Be a brand guardian, meaning you understand the brand DNA of Diggs and can visually translate it into marketing materials
- Oversee and help design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media, marketing channels and departments
- Work with partner vendors to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- Show great attention to detail, even-and especially-on tight timelines.
- 2+ years of experience working in the design or marketing industry
- Proven experience developing effective direct and brand marketing
- Ability to distill complex ideas into efficient pieces of visual communication across multiple formats, media and stages of production
- A curious, thoughtful, enthusiastic approach
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize on the fly and operate autonomously
- Exceptional skill in the formal aspects of design, including typography, composition, form, hierarchy, proportion and color
- Versed in the social media ecosystem, with a keen understanding of how to participate meaningfully + authentically
- Versed in graphic design history but not overly constrained by it
- Enthusiasm for Diggs’ mission and the emotional connection between pets and humans
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Preferred, but not required:
- Past experience working at or with a remote company
- Experience or interest in photography, videography or motion
- Owning a dog or pet
- Copywriting skills
Location: This position can be remote, but New York based is preferred.
Diggs, launched in 2016, is a designer, manufacturer and retailer of premium, convenient and multifunctional pet products. Best known for its award-winning Revol Dog Crate and Snooz Pad, Diggs engineers its growing product assortment for pets of all sizes, taking design cues from popular baby gear.
Diggs is committed to using top-quality materials that exceed all pet industry standards and rigorously tests its products to conform to strict baby product safety standards as well. For more information, please visit www.diggs.pet/.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, resume and portfolio of relevant work.
Submissions without all three will not be considered.