Graphic Design Associate
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
POSITION: Graphic Design Associate
POSTING DATE: October 2020
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and weekends
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt; benefits eligible after 90 days
The Tony Award-winning Berkeley Repertory Theatre seeks a full-time Graphic Design Associate well versed in both digital and print to join our marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, this role executes and maintains the visual brand identity across both Berkeley Rep and our School of Theatre as established under the creative direction of Pentagram’s Paula Scher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications, work with Pentagram’s appointed Creative Director and Paula Scher in executing the institutional visual branding identity while ensuring graphic continuity for the Theatre’s seasonal productions including eight to ten plays per year, our emerging artist program The Ground Floor, fundraising endeavors, and School and educational needs.
This includes (but not limited to):
· Website graphics, front of house materials, lobby displays, digital and print advertising, direct mail postcards, show posters, brochures, programs, large and small outdoor displays, apparel and merchandise, invitations, fundraising materials, email graphics, web banners, and more
· Provide input on visual elements of video projects
· Collaborate and develop daily social media imagery
· Ensure data and files are organized, stored, and backed up appropriately
· Track and traffic graphics with third-party vendors including printers and advertisers
· Learn and adhere to various union guidelines when handling photo and video assets
· Work on-site at Berkeley Rep’s offices in northwest Berkeley (once it reopens)
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
· Experience Level: Open to exploring graphic artists just entering the field through mid-career professionals looking to hone their skills within an arts and cultural institution
· Advanced user in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite on a Mac OS (with particular focus on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Acrobat).
· Knowledge of HTML and backend CMS platforms a plus
· Comfort using Microsoft Office Suite and Keynote
· Knowledge of project management applications
· Attention to detail within a fast-paced environment
· A personable and collaborative spirit
· Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of projects simultaneously
· Interest in the performing arts (theatre experience not specifically required)
Berkeley Rep is an equal opportunity employer. Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth. Position available November 2020. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio. Persons from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls. Only complete submissions will be considered.
Email submissions only. Send applications to email@example.com with the subject “Graphic Design Associate.”