Junior UX Designer
ettitude is a direct-to-consumer sustainable lifestyle brand offering modern bedding, bath and sleepwear products made from the world’s first CleanBamboo™ fabric. On a quest to make the world a more comfortable place, today and in 100 years, our innovative fabrics are feathery soft, extremely breathable, antimicrobial, and water-saving, resulting in products that are better for you and the planet.
Founded in Melbourne in 2014, ettitude launched its US business in Nov 2017, further accelerating an already rapid growth pattern. We are a diverse team from around the world, all who share a genuine and authentic connection to the same mission. At ettitude, sustainability is the watchword for everything we do. We don’t just make sustainable products, we also support sustainable relationships, work practices, and lifestyles.
ettitude provides equal opportunities without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
We’re excited to expand the growing team with a part time UI/UX Designer position, based out of our Los Angeles office. Come join us!
This role requires strong experience in web optimization; including synthesizing data architecture, competitor research, ideation, strategy and impeccable UX/UI design abilities. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing designs that address our users’ needs and grow our customer base.
- Gathering, strategizing and executing user requirements, in collaboration with Marketing Manager and Data Analyst
- Participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and visual design; in collaboration with Marketing Manager and Data Analyst
- Design mobile and desktop web product experiences that maximize visitor conversion & LTV, from ideation to execution.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, sitemaps and UI elements such as menus, tabs, widgets.
- Strategize, design and run A/B tests that can have positive impact on conversation rate and user engagement.
- Synthesize business, technology and user requirements into design concepts.
- Create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to communicate your design concepts to a broad range of stakeholders and end users.
- Deliver design specifications and graphic assets to the development team across many different mediums: desktop, mobile web, iOS and Android.
- Work with developers to ensure implementation matches specifications.
- Identify best places to introduce new features/experiences with user Journey mapping
- Comfort with data (GA experience a plus) and making informed decisions based off metrics and goals
- 3+ years of experience working on mobile & web apps or relevant UX design experience.
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience in web optimization with case studies of previous successes.
- Have a design portfolio and website that demonstrates experience designing responsive layouts for desktop, mobile web that exhibit excellent use of information architecture, layout, color and imagery.
- Track record of success building engaging user experiences while driving company impact.
- Ability to simplify complex experiences elegantly and explain them to leadership succinctly.
- Ability to translate insights from user studies into meaningful user flows that create a delightful user experience.
- Ability to succinctly defend and rationalize your design decisions with data
- Experience defining requirements not just translating existing requirements into designs.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Pixate or similar software for user testing and demonstration of animation and user flows.
- Experience building and evangelizing a design system.
- Shopify plus experience.
- Love and understand what it takes to deliver a great customer experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work directly with a technical team and gain respect from engineers by setting a clear vision for them.
- Ability to work directly with senior team across the business to lead customer focused growth solutions.
- Amazing under pressure and have the ability to jump in and roll up your sleeves to push through solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communicating skills and can effectively communicate to all levels in the organization.
- Analytical, resourceful and a creative problem solver with the ability to quickly identify roadblocks and drive viable solutions.
- Team player who is willing to do what it takes to support co-workers.
- $28 to $38 / hr
- Weekly Happy hour allowance $10 ($20 per payroll)
- Monthly Team lunch allowance $15 ($7.50 per payroll)
- 50% off ettitude products
*If you are applying for a remote position, you must be willing to move to LA once Covid closures are lifted.
* You must be authorized to work in the U.S . for this position.