As a product designer at Convex, you will help us redefine enterprise SaaS. You’ll help us change the way millions of Americans are selling and providing essential services to buildings. Think janitorial, fire/life safety systems, elevators, and HVAC.
Our market is under the radar, but massive and ubiquitous commercial services industry. Our customers are responsible for the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the lighting, safety, security, and dozens of other privileges that we are incredibly fortunate to take for granted in buildings across all of America.
Most of our team is based in San Francisco, and some are scattered across the western United States. Our customers live and work in almost every state in America. They include some of the largest enterprises in the country, like Siemens and Carrier, and smaller businesses we care just as deeply about.
We are looking for a mid-level product designer to work on our enterprise SaaS web and mobile apps. You must have a knack for transforming complex concepts into simple, intuitive, and beautiful designs. You’ll have to be a go-getter who can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment. Your days will not be boring!
As a product designer, you will be working in both user experience and visual design capacities. You will work with our head of design, other product designers, product managers, developers, and other members of the company on solutions.
- Work with our team to develop and refine features. This takes the form of research, user flows, screen flows, wireframes, visual designs, prototyping, and developer handoff.
- Perform competitive audits and general industry research
- Conduct user research to create reports and personas
- Create and maintain component-based design systems
- Design, create, and modify our enterprise SaaS web application, mobile apps, and other digital experiences
- Work with the team to gain consensus and get approval on concepts
- Write documentation for developers and see your designs through development
- Gather user feedback from our customer success team in order to iterate on the feature and make it better
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications
- 4–6 years experience doing product design work in a professional capacity
- Portfolio that demonstrates their skills
- BS or BA in graphic design, interaction design, industrial design, or a related major
- Strong proficiency of core UX skills: user research, information architecture, user flows, wireframing, prototyping, user testing
- Strong visual design skills: layout, typography, color theory, graphic design
- Deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- Great communicator, both orally and written
- Proficiency in Figma
- U.S.-based only, ideally in the Pacific Time Zone
* In your application, you must include a link to your portfolio.
At Convex (YC W19), we’re building the leading B2B full-stack software platform for the $400bn+ commercial services market. It's a 100-year-old industry impacting millions of people every day. We already work with some of the largest enterprise companies in the sector and were one of the fastest growing companies in the Winter 2019 YC batch. Our team is a unique mix of industry veterans from Carrier, Siemens, and Honeywell as well as founders from MIT, Harvard, and Georgia Tech. Based in San Francisco, our investors include Emergence Capital, 1984 Ventures, UP2398, Liquid2 (Joe Montana), YCombinator, the founders of PlanGrid, and others.
- Join an early stage company with a lot of momentum, lead by a top tier leadership team and backed by top tier investors
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous parental leave policy
- Company outings & team retreats
Convex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Convex does not accept agency resumes. Convex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.